2022-2023 George Washington University

4 hours ago, Sushipanda said:

I know no news is good news because that means you’re not rejected or whatever but I wish they’d just say something even if it’s a rejection so I can start preparing for the next cycle. The fact that I gotta wait till the last interview date just to find out I was rejected kinda sucks. I want to take some classes to but the slight chance that I might get an interview is holding me back because then that’s a waste of money 😭😭

I’m holding out hope until next week because a) the deadline is 10/1 and b) I submitted late-ish, in late July.

Edited by PAdreams23
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Dapmarcru said:

applied 6/7, interview invite for tomorrow 10/4 & apparently there are 12 interview dates for this cycle (according to current students from the student social they invited us to tonight!) started September 

Bro you’re lying. 12 dates is that normal I’ve only heard of three to four dates, does that mean they’re trying to interview everyone who applied and I shouldn’t lose for this cycle. 

46 minutes ago, Sushipanda said:

Bro you’re lying. 12 dates is that normal I’ve only heard of three to four dates, does that mean they’re trying to interview everyone who applied and I shouldn’t lose for this cycle. 

I interviewed 9/20, the second interview date. Each interview date has 20 people. During that interview they had already received 2140 applications (certainly more now). If they have 12 dates, 12 x 20 = 240 applicants, 240/2140 is about 11% of applicants receiving interviews. GWU has a class size of 70 and schools like to interview 3-4x that many applicants. So no certainly do not lose hope because there are still so many dates! 

I know that in past years, they had way fewer dates and on each date they interviewed 3-4x as many people so all of us are super in the dark about expected timelines. They said 2-4 weeks to hear back but it has been 3 weeks for the first interview date and 2 for the second so it's seeming like they really want to interview more before sending out their first batch of acceptances. 

• Like 3

On 10/4/2022 at 4:06 PM, opktopa said:

I interviewed 9/20, the second interview date. Each interview date has 20 people. During that interview they had already received 2140 applications (certainly more now). If they have 12 dates, 12 x 20 = 240 applicants, 240/2140 is about 11% of applicants receiving interviews. GWU has a class size of 70 and schools like to interview 3-4x that many applicants. So no certainly do not lose hope because there are still so many dates! 

I know that in past years, they had way fewer dates and on each date they interviewed 3-4x as many people so all of us are super in the dark about expected timelines. They said 2-4 weeks to hear back but it has been 3 weeks for the first interview date and 2 for the second so it's seeming like they really want to interview more before sending out their first batch of acceptances. 

Thank you so much I didn’t know that and wow they release the number of applicants they’ve received

4 minutes ago, PAdreams23 said:

Do they strictly review applications in order of submission? Like if people who submitted after you have already gotten interviews and you haven’t heard anything, does that automatically mean you didn’t get in?

I'm thinking that the applications are probably split up into piles and distributed among the admissions committee for initial reviews.. I can't imagine that they have the time to sit down as a group at first and go through thousands of applications one at a time. So maybe if that's the case the application is just in a different/slower pile?

48 minutes ago, microluv said:

Please check your spam folder if you haven’t heard anything yet!! I received an invite for Oct 18th but didn’t see it until today. Thankfully still had time to confirm my attendance 

Could you please share the email address the email would come from and the subject, if possible? Thank you!