2022-2023 George Washington University

18 minutes ago, Idkblah123 said:

I know they are done interviewing and are sending out rejections 

has anyone who never received an interview invite been rejected yet ? I still haven’t heard any word from them since confirming that my app was under review 

Yeah, I heard back last week (rejected no interview) applied early September 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
For 2023-2024 cycle applicants who will be scouring this thread: this was my application timeline for your reference:

DISCLAIMER: Remember not to stress or expect your timeline to look exactly like mine. The 2022-2023 admissions timeline was definitely different from the year before, and there was also plenty of variability among the other applicants. (Example: people who applied in June interviewing in December and also getting accepted).

- 07/08/22: Submitted all required materials (completed app)

- 07/13/22: Received "GW PA Application Under Review" email

- 09/23/22: Received "GW PA October 4th Interview" email invitation

- 09/28/22: Received "GW PA Interview" email with interview confirmation and instructions

- 10/03/22: Received "GW PA Interview Information" email with Blackboard link for the virtual interview and details about my MMI group 

- 10/04/22: Interviewed. MMI format, we were placed in small groups of 5 students that rotated every few (5ish?) minutes. Each interviewer had different types of questions with follow-up questions. As soon as the timer ran out, we got booted out of the mini-interview. I think I got cut off mid-sentence in all of them. The interviewers are pretty neutral and poker-faced. I actually didn't feel as confident leaving this interview as I did with others. This seemed to be the experience of other incoming students I spoke with as well. I sent a thank you email the next day. I believe there were 1 or 2 interview dates before mine but I'm not sure. There were definitely a few after.

- 10/18/22: 2 weeks after my interview, I sent an update letter with the medical experience and research I'd been up to since submitted my app in July. Got a nice email back, but no updates about my app.

- 10/26/22: Got the acceptance call!

- 11/4/22: Got the acceptance email: "GW Health Sciences - Enrollment Confirmation." In this email, I was given until 11/10/22 to submit my nonrefundable $1000 deposit.

- 11/08/22: Received "Confirmation and Enrollment and Deposit" email.

- Very little correspondence until February 2023. Throughout the holidays we were all told to chill out and enjoy the rest of our year, and to worry about the details later. In-person accepted students reception was 03/31 (nice to meet classmates, but wouldn't stress if you can't make it.)

Good luck!! 🙂

• Like 2