2022-2023 Application cycle

Just want to keep everyone updated. The interview was great since all of the faculties were super nice and chill. Unfortunately, I can’t tell y’all anything related to the interview format as they said during the interview. 

Don’t have to think too hard to answer any question because they mainly want to know who you are. Be yourself, be honest, and be confident.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, lydiapvz said:

Does anyone know how long we wait to get a supp app invite? Is it when all the interveiws are done or as they go? Good luck to everyone! 

At the info session, they said the second week of November (once interviews are done). It will be due by December 1. Acceptance emails will be sent mid December before December 31 for sure! 

1 hour ago, NJCPA said:

Is the secondary app invite only for those who interviewed already? Or for those who are a potential for an interview? I’m a little confused 😅

Supplemental apps will be sent out to people who were interviewed and UCD wants to move on to the next step. 

This happens after all of the interviews have been completed. 

Edited by mykap

Hey everyone,

Hopefully we're all having an okay application cycle so far.

This is my first cycle applying so the nerves and emotions are high with each passing day.

I have yet to hear back from UC Davis's Program at all and I'm starting to think I won't until this is all over.

They were the only school out of 4 that did not confirm via email that my application was received.

Submitted:07/31/2022

Verified: 08/03/2022

I emailed once and called twice with no response thus far. At the moment I am wondering if should continue reaching out or just let it go its course.

For those of you in the same boat as me, I want you to know you are not alone! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, QUACKAOats said:

Hey everyone,

Hopefully we're all having an okay application cycle so far.

This is my first cycle applying so the nerves and emotions are high with each passing day.

I have yet to hear back from UC Davis's Program at all and I'm starting to think I won't until this is all over.

They were the only school out of 4 that did not confirm via email that my application was received.

Submitted:07/31/2022

Verified: 08/03/2022

I emailed once and called twice with no response thus far. At the moment I am wondering if should continue reaching out or just let it go its course.

For those of you in the same boat as me, I want you to know you are not alone! 

Was your application marked as “complete” when you submitted? I pulled this from the FAQ on their website:

Application and materials must have a “complete” (all materials received and pending verification) or "verified" status by the Aug. 1 deadline. Applications and application materials with a “complete” or “verified” status by the Aug. 1 deadline are considered for admission.“

26 minutes ago, mykap said:

Was your application marked as “complete” when you submitted? I pulled this from the FAQ on their website:

Application and materials must have a “complete” (all materials received and pending verification) or "verified" status by the Aug. 1 deadline. Applications and application materials with a “complete” or “verified” status by the Aug. 1 deadline are considered for admission.“

So I saw that on the website as well but it says applications and application materials with a "complete" OR "verified" by August 1. 

Technically doesn't that mean I met the deadline?

I saw a few pages back that someone had received an invite after submitting an application past the deadline as well.

7 minutes ago, QUACKAOats said:

So I saw that on the website as well but it says applications and application materials with a "complete" OR "verified" by August 1. 

Technically doesn't that mean I met the deadline?

I saw a few pages back that someone had received an invite after submitting an application past the deadline as well.

Depends on what your app was considered as on Aug. 1st. I believe you can contact CASPA to confirm!

re: the post further back, I saw that too but I’m pretty sure the person clarified that was a typo. In any case, I’m wishing the best for you!!

15 minutes ago, mykap said:

Depends on what your app was considered as on Aug. 1st. I believe you can contact CASPA to confirm!

re: the post further back, I saw that too but I’m pretty sure the person clarified that was a typo. In any case, I’m wishing the best for you!!

Thanks for the insight! I hope this is just a mix-up, but I will verify with CASPA tomorrow. Would be super bummed if this was the case.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:28 PM, SurveillanceDoe said:

Interviewing this week at Davis. Does anyone know what percentage of their interviewees get chosen?

Hey there, I'm interviewing on Wednesday! I think they accept around 65 students and there was 57 in my student Q&A so maybe 120 total interviewing? And half of that will be accepted. But a bit of a bigger portion will be sent the secondary application.