2022-2023 Application cycle

In regards to the post above, I received my waitlist offer, and I sent an email to accept my position on the waitlist. I was not sure if they expected a Letter of Intent, or just an email is fine. I just did not receive a reply from them after sending an email expressing my willingness to be on the waitlist. Sorry for the confusion.

We get our official acceptance letter in February and the Statement of Intent to Register in February too (which I think is when we pay our deposit). But for now after we email with our initial decision, that should be all until February. And so we are set to enter the summer class. Please correct me if this is incorrect.

Edited by PAschooler
Spelling

4 hours ago, PAschooler said:

Hey everyone, 

if their first email said, “Congratulations! We are delighted to recommend you for admission”, 

Does that mean we are 100% accepted? Or is the school still in the process of recommending our app to the Dean reviewing it? 

It’s just a bit weird because schools usually say, “we are delighted to inform you of your acceptance…”

Yes, that is an acceptance.

All you have to do is indicate in the form on your portal that you accept your seat and submit it. That's it. You don't have to email them or anything to accept. 

• Thanks 1

For those of you who are accepted, any interview advice for someone on the waitlist? This is my second year applying, but this process seems very competitive and all I get are waitlist offers. UC Davis is my number one pick, as I live in Sacramento and I've heard so many great things about this school from a friend of mine who just graduated.

2 hours ago, gmoney9438 said:

For those of you who are accepted, any interview advice for someone on the waitlist? This is my second year applying, but this process seems very competitive and all I get are waitlist offers. UC Davis is my number one pick, as I live in Sacramento and I've heard so many great things about this school from a friend of mine who just graduated.

My biggest piece of advice is to practice and video record your answers to interview questions. This helped me a lot with fixing any distractions (like saying um, using my hands a lot, etc). It also helped with keeping answers short and not dragged out. Keep things personal too instead of generic. At the end of the day, you wanna be remembered! There’s a really interview guide book that has tons of practice questions that I’m sure will help you out a tons! 

2 hours ago, human1089 said:

I received the congratulations email, replyed and signed the financial agreement. They responded with looking forward to having you and expect the official one in February, via email. But nothing have changed on my UC Davis profile. Everything is still red.

thank you for replying, I’m the same too and I think we’re all the same by now 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, brighttsunnyy said:

Has anyone tried email the program and asking about your place on the waitlist? I can't remember if they said we can do that or not, or that we should just wait. 

I asked back in December how the waitlist is ranked and where my position is, I was given the response, "The waitlist consists of a small pool of selected applicants. These applicants are not numbered, but will be considered for admission if a position in the entering class becomes available. If you are offered a position in the entering class we will be in contact with you immediately. If you are not admitted from the waitlist during this admission cycle you are encouraged to reapply for our 2024 cohort."

On 12/20/2022 at 7:54 PM, PAschooler said:

We get our official acceptance letter in February and the Statement of Intent to Register in February too (which I think is when we pay our deposit). But for now after we email with our initial decision, that should be all until February. And so we are set to enter the summer class. Please correct me if this is incorrect.

Were final decisions due in Feb? Historically the deadline has been mid-April, wondering if it was pushed up this year. 

57 minutes ago, TavTav said:

I'm on the waitlist as well, my transcripts still show red X's. For those accepted, did they get an email stating "application complete"? Just trying to see if there is a correlation.

I'm also on the waitlist but I got the email about my application being complete about an hour ago

• 2 weeks later...