2022-2023 Application cycle

Guest Pizzalover3000
8 minutes ago, Diazex11 said:

Still waiting, but my GPA is on the lower end 😕 so kind of losing hope 

Same here. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be 🙂 

Hi everyone, I don't mean to sound depressing or discouraging but I'm starting to lose hope. It seems that in past years interview invites have gone out in one batch. It is almost as good as a rejection if you don't receive an invite that day. I'm a first-time applicant and I cannot imagine having to go through this all again. I am dreading having to rewrite my PS. 

I also heard that less than a third of first-time applicants receive an acceptance, not just Davis but in general. Has anyone else heard that? 

Anyways, sorry to be such a downer. I want to wish everyone who did receive an invite good luck and congratulations!

19 hours ago, jayjaytheprepa said:

Hi everyone, I don't mean to sound depressing or discouraging but I'm starting to lose hope. It seems that in past years interview invites have gone out in one batch. It is almost as good as a rejection if you don't receive an invite that day. I'm a first-time applicant and I cannot imagine having to go through this all again. I am dreading having to rewrite my PS. 

I also heard that less than a third of first-time applicants receive an acceptance, not just Davis but in general. Has anyone else heard that? 

Anyways, sorry to be such a downer. I want to wish everyone who did receive an invite good luck and congratulations!

I am a second time applicant. 
I was waitlisted at two schools and even took a gap year between undergrad and applying to grad schools last year. The whole application cycle can be rather dreadful but I see it as “if it’s meant to be, it’ll come” and if you do apply a second time, or a third, or a forth, so on so forth, you’re stronger than you were the last cycle, and someone will see that and appreciate that 🌞. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but someday… 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Abbadabbado said:

I am a second time applicant. 
I was waitlisted at two schools and even took a gap year between undergrad and applying to grad schools last year. The whole application cycle can be rather dreadful but I see it as “if it’s meant to be, it’ll come” and if you do apply a second time, or a third, or a forth, so on so forth, you’re stronger than you were the last cycle, and someone will see that and appreciate that 🌞. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but someday… 

I agree! I’m a first time applicant and I’ve had 2 rejections, 1 waitlist to interview and so far haven’t heard from Davis and another program. If it doesn’t happen this cycle, I’ll fight for next cycle. Never ever give up because what’s meant for you is always for you !!! @jayjaytheprepa I’m dreading potentially doing this next year, but I know what to expect now, and so will you! It’s not over until you hear “no” . Keep pushing !!! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jayjaytheprepa said:

You are all being so nice 😭 It gives me hope that even though we are technically competitors, we are such a supportive community. Thank you for the positivity and kind words. If it isn't this cycle, we will return stronger next cycle!

I don't think we're competitors! We're all honestly just really good people trying to provide more access to the population! So support for one another is the least we can do ☺️

It's a dog eat dog out there 🙃

• Like 4

22 hours ago, jayjaytheprepa said:

Last year was my first cycle and I was rejected by all 14 schools I applied to with no interview. I looked at what I could improve (volunteering and obtaining a letter of rec from a PA, as well as finding leadership opportunities at my job) and attended the re-applicant information session at the school I wanted to get into the most, which was so helpful and re-energizing in general. 

After giving myself a few month break to decompress after applying, I got back to work! This year I am interviewing at OHSU, Duke, and Bryant University so far. 

My stats:

CASPA calculated total GPA 3.39, science GPA 3.28

GRE Total 319, Verbal Reasoning 163, Quantitative 156, Analytical Writing 4.0

Volunteering: 100 hours of various community work with my sorority in college, ~50 hours with the Children's Book Bank and other literacy programs

Shadowing: 6 hours with a trauma PA

Patient Care Hours: 3,180 (and continuing to grow)

Healthcare Hours: 1,644 (and continuing to grow)

Total Paid Hours: 4,824

I hope my statistics give people/you a lot of hope!!!!!! I did not have the financial opportunity to retake classes (I have 5 C's in physics, bio, and ochem) so I have worked very very hard at my CNA II job and served on the Shared Governance Council on my unit at the hospital and won several honors and achievements such as the Outstanding Preceptor Award. I also pushed to find a PA to meet with several times and ask for a letter of recommendation this year. Last year I did not have any letters of recommendation from a PA. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1