2022-2023 Application cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:20 PM, Getmein5898 said:

What is everyone's thoughts on this program? I noticed their PANCE pass rates are extremely low compared to many other PA programs with a very high tuition. Wondering if anyone has heard opinions on the program from current students. 

My friend is about to finish up at UC Davis's PA school. Overall, she really liked it and encouraged me to apply there. She really liked her rotation sites and has said that UC Davis has a lot of good connections to find good sites for its students. The PA students used to study alongside the NP students but they've recently separated them, which is good because together it was a huge group of students. Also another thing to note is that they are still doing hybrid learning whereas other schools are fully in person.

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2022 at 11:21 AM, kaitlynfuturePA said:

My friend is about to finish up at UC Davis's PA school. Overall, she really liked it and encouraged me to apply there. She really liked her rotation sites and has said that UC Davis has a lot of good connections to find good sites for its students. The PA students used to study alongside the NP students but they've recently separated them, which is good because together it was a huge group of students. Also another thing to note is that they are still doing hybrid learning whereas other schools are fully in person.

Just a heads up. I'm a current UCD PA student. I can attest, all classes are all in person, no hybrid. Hope that helps some of the folks thinking about attending. 

• Like 1

I decided to apply this cycle last minute and I sent my transcripts 3 weeks ago and they have been sent but caspa has yet to retrieve them and its been 2 weeks. I know that uc davis needs all transcripts received by the deadline Aug 1st. If they doesnt receive it by the deadline they will trash my application right?

I sent in my application 7/31 around 3pm. I read on the website that if my application on CASPA says complete or verified that I am still considered for this cycle. Is this true? Or do I need to receive an email from David themselves to know for sure. A tad bit nervous. 

On 7/21/2022 at 12:20 PM, Getmein5898 said:

What is everyone's thoughts on this program? I noticed their PANCE pass rates are extremely low compared to many other PA programs with a very high tuition. Wondering if anyone has heard opinions on the program from current students. 

the 1st time pass rates may be low, but the overall pass rate, which includes retakes has been over 90% for all graduating classes. Keep in mind Davis accepts minimum GPA of 2.7 for science prereqs, which is lower than most programs. They also care more about the whole application and diversifying healthcare providers as stated in their mission rather than focusing solely on high GPA applicants like other programs.

So yes, some students may need to take the boards twice, but keep in mind the other programs you are comparing Davis to mainly accept 3.5+ GPAs who will probably pass on the 1st try and they would never consider a 2.7 applicant. If a program has 100% pass rate, they probably only admit high GPAs. Hope this helps!

• Downvote 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:21 AM, kaitlynfuturePA said:

I spoke to an older graduate of the program and he said the same thing. Actually, he discouraged me from applying due to the combined-with-NP thing (not a dig at NPs at all, he thinks they're great, but there are just fundamentally different focuses in PA vs NP education)... So I'm glad to hear they're separating a bit. It would be nice to still have that interdisciplinary contact but making sure both programs stay strong.

Good luck to all applying! Hope we get good news 🙂

On 8/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, PositiviTea said:

Hi there,

it’s kinda out of topic, but, do you know if UOP admission is heavily based on GPA? 

I'm not 100% sure about that one. However, here are the stats of their past admitted students. As you can see, their last 2 cohorts had an average of around 3.7 GPAs for overall and science, so I want to say GPA is a big factor. It makes sense that their average PANCE pass rates are good if they are mainly accepting 3.7s. 

Here's the link for UOP

https://law.pacific.edu/sites/default/files/users/user242/mpas-matriculant-data-cl24.pdf

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...