Sign in to follow this  
nikkid11

Interview invite

Has anyone recieved an interview invite? If everyone could just keep us posted when you recieve one that would be great!

Good luck to all!

It seems like last year they sent out invites in October, so we'll probably be waiting for awhile... :(

That makes me feel better that I haven't gotten one yet :)

Unless they changed things from previous years, they will send out interview invites the first wednesday in October. They interview once a month and invite applicants around 3 weeks in advance.

Hey guys, I just received an interview invite two days ago for oct. 13th. Not sure if its their first round of interviews. I'm pretty nervous though.

Hey everyone, I'm a second-year at USC, and congrats to those of you who have already gotten interviews! To those of you who haven't, I know it's hard, but be as patient as you can be...applying is seriously the worst part of it all :)

Without revealing too much information about the application and interview process, here's the answers to betochavez's questions:

1.) The number of interview sessions held is dependent upon the number of accepted students per interview. That may or may not sound obvious, but the reality is that acceptance is a two-way street, and each interview group is different. The University will extend the acceptance to the student, and the student must also accept by putting down a non-refundable deposit to hold his or her spot. What can happen is that while a student may be accepted and pay the deposit, he or she may also withdraw at any time, thereby opening up another spot. This is not unique to USC from what I understand, and I realize that this answer may not be what you were hoping or looking for, but it is the best answer I can give (again, without revealing too much private information).

2.) Is our interview a rotating group interview? Unless they changed the format, the interview itself is an individual interview. USC's interview process was, by far, the best one I experienced (granted, I only went to one other, but I've heard similar things from lots of other students). Know why it is you want to be a PA and have a clear understanding of why you want to go to USC (how can USC help you to be the PA you want to be). These are not secrets, they are common questions at just about every program. The best advice I can give, though, is to be yourself. Be honest, clear and concise and you'll do fine!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Best of luck to all of those that interviewed with me today :)

For everyone else who has interviews scheduled, RELAX! This is by far the most laid back and welcoming experience I have had so far....it's actually a lot of fun!

The interview was actually so much fun and totally laid back. They go through so much effort to make sure you are comfortable. To everyone I met this weekend, (I'm the triathlete who opened for miley cyrus's sister ;) ) great to meet you and good luck!!! What a great weekend!

At the info session, they said they didn't do rolling admissions

it's definitely rolling admissions. they have five interview dates but said we would have an answer by thanksgiving (before the final interview dates have even occurred).

I was also invited for an interview Novemeber 17th! Very surprised to find out so soon, considering I didn't submit my supplemental until Septemeber 29th.

Same here, I submitted mine the 25th. I'll see you at the interview!

For people who interviewed before, what is the time like? How many people are there?

In response to tash2807: there are about 30 applicants per interview dates but they separate you into groups of 10 people where you rotate from current student panel, alumni panel, and then individual interview. It is a really laid back interview session.