Include shadowing an NP in my personal statment?

In gaining more shadowing experience this year, I had it set up through a friend's husband (an MD) who said he had a friend who was a PA that I could shadow...only on my first night of shadowing I walk in and come to find that he's actually and NP (my friend's husband apparently got confused about which he was). I did continue to shadow him regardless and occasionally even shadowed his co-workers during the shift, who happened to be PAs themselves. Would the fact that the majority of that time that I spent shadowing an NP look bad to schools I apply to? All I know is that the entire team of that NP and the rest of the PAs provided great patient care. My personal statement already does include shadowing experience with other PAs too, just to note.

So question: would it be not recommended that I include my shadowing experience of the NP in my personal statment? In one particular paragraph in which I talk about shadowing, I mention both the PA I've been shadowing and this particular NP. I don't make a clear distinction between the two in that paragraph, but in a later pargraph, I do talk about why I prefer to be a PA (without bashing NP's, of course).

Should I just exclude my shadowing experience with the NP or keep it in? Should I only mention the other PAs that I shadowed while I also shadowed him? I'm just afraid that my personal statment will appear like I don't know the difference between the two by having evidenced that I've shadowed both the NP and PAs.

Thanks in advance!

Archived