Got an email saying I was not selected for a first round admissions offer but a 2nd round of offers and waitlist notifications will be sent the first week of January… Not really sure what that means. Just more waiting to see if I’m rejected or not or is that technically like saying I’m on the waitlist? Ugh

E14 minutes ago, alliens said:

Got an email saying I was not selected for a first round admissions offer but a 2nd round of offers and waitlist notifications will be sent the first week of January… Not really sure what that means. Just more waiting to see if I’m rejected or not or is that technically like saying I’m on the waitlist? Ugh

I'm wondering the same thing. I think I'd have rather gotten a straightforward rejection than whatever this means 😕

On 12/13/2021 at 10:44 PM, AsherJones said:

Congrats and good luck to everyone! I received an acceptance letter this evening. Does anyone know if they try fulfill campus preferences for those accepted before sending offers to those on waitlist? Any insight? 

If anyone knows anything about this ^ I would still appreciate insight! I'm excited to say I accepted my position and I can't wait to meet everyone. Does anyone know what the supplemental application is like or what it entails? 

On 12/15/2021 at 8:16 AM, AsherJones said:

If anyone knows anything about this ^ I would still appreciate insight! I'm excited to say I accepted my position and I can't wait to meet everyone. Does anyone know what the supplemental application is like or what it entails? 

I just accepted my position as well. I know they mentioned something about campus preferences with acceptances in the interview but I can’t remember how it influenced waitlist notifications. Also, I did just reach out to a current UNMC student to ask about the supplemental. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Coolcatinpa10 said:

Has anyone heard back from the waitlist? I wonder if they even sent rejections after the interviews or just put them on a waitlist. 

I know a couple people that have heard back from the waitlist recently. I do feel like they just put everyone on the waitlist after interviews instead of rejections though because I haven’t heard of anyone just getting a straight rejection after interviewing. 

• 2 months later...