2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

I applied around the end of July and was verified but haven't received any updates from then since even though I've been in contact with them. Tbh it just feels like they're stringing me along at this pt. I've received two PA school acceptances thus far but LIU is definitely near there top of my list ughhhhh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Has anyone heard any update on the waitlist so far? Or has anyone been successful in asking what their spot is on the waitlist? 

I was placed on the waitlist in November and I updated them with my most recent hours and experiences in January but never heard from them. Trying to keep my head up but I’m feeling so discouraged right now haha.

13 hours ago, RBfuturePA said:

Hi! Has anyone heard any update on the waitlist so far? Or has anyone been successful in asking what their spot is on the waitlist? 

I was placed on the waitlist in November and I updated them with my most recent hours and experiences in January but never heard from them. Trying to keep my head up but I’m feeling so discouraged right now haha.

I'm on the waitlist, but even if I get off of it I will almost certainly be declining it to attend another school, so at least that'll be one less person to compete with! I'm sure as the months go by people will withdraw from the program. As someone who got accepted to two programs, I've personally been holding onto both seats because I had a hard time deciding between them, and I'm also waiting until the program I want to attend receives accreditation. I'm sure plenty of people also have other reasons they would hold onto multiple seats until even later into the cycle (paranoia that things won't work out with one school, indecision of choice, if their significant other can find a job in either location, etc.), and once they let go of them waitlists will start moving more!

3 hours ago, angelicamber said:

I'm on the waitlist, but even if I get off of it I will almost certainly be declining it to attend another school, so at least that'll be one less person to compete with! I'm sure as the months go by people will withdraw from the program. As someone who got accepted to two programs, I've personally been holding onto both seats because I had a hard time deciding between them, and I'm also waiting until the program I want to attend receives accreditation. I'm sure plenty of people also have other reasons they would hold onto multiple seats until even later into the cycle (paranoia that things won't work out with one school, indecision of choice, if their significant other can find a job in either location, etc.), and once they let go of them waitlists will start moving more!

Thank you for your advice and reassurance!! I think a lot of my anxiety too comes from the fact I’m still working full time and I live all the way in California, so if I did get in, it would be such a big move (something that I’d gladly do, don’t get me wrong)! Time just feels like it’s flying by and I’ve been refreshing my emails daily so it’s making me anxious not hearing from them yet😭 I totally understand everyone else’s reasons too though! We’re all in similar boats here after all :’) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RBfuturePA said:

Thank you for your advice and reassurance!! I think a lot of my anxiety too comes from the fact I’m still working full time and I live all the way in California, so if I did get in, it would be such a big move (something that I’d gladly do, don’t get me wrong)! Time just feels like it’s flying by and I’ve been refreshing my emails daily so it’s making me anxious not hearing from them yet😭 I totally understand everyone else’s reasons too though! We’re all in similar boats here after all :’) 

I totally get you! I've lived in California my whole life (even during undergrad), so it's crazy that I'm about to uproot my life and move somewhere where I'll have to worry about shoveling snow. Wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...