2021-2022 George Washington University

20 hours ago, mollyf said:

GPA 3.55

sGPA 3.76

prereq GPA 4.0

GRE 321

PCE: 3,300hr as EMT

Volunteer: 5,000hr+

15 years+ working as a journalist and reporter/photographer for international humanitarian aid orgs like Doctors without Borders 

Impressive! Can I ask how you approached tying together and portraying your diverse experiences over that timeline? I tried to layout my experiences in CASPA in detail and then mentioned certain points in my personal statement. Any other tips for building a cohesive application? 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, mollyf said:

GPA 3.55

sGPA 3.76

prereq GPA 4.0

GRE 321

PCE: 3,300hr as EMT

Volunteer: 5,000hr+

15 years+ working as a journalist and reporter/photographer for international humanitarian aid orgs like Doctors without Borders 

That sounds like some amazing experience Molly!  I'm also coming in after a substantial career outside of medicine and excited to see another pretty non-traditional classmate!

Hi everyone!

I noticed that there hasn't been a FB group made yet for the GWU PA Class of 2024 so I went ahead and started one. Feel free to request to join if you've been accepted! If someone wants to make a GroupMe later, we can totally do that too. Congrats again on all the new acceptances and good luck to everyone still in the running!

Have a good night!

image.thumb.png.3089cdeed90a8c6530e842d9e1de011d.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SproutMom said:

If it makes you less concerned, I interviewed on 9/11 and got the acceptance on Friday...don't be too worried if you're not in the first round of calls! 

Thank you, that makes me feel a little better. During the time in between, did you send an email to the program? ie email of intent

5 hours ago, PAFHMD said:

Thank you, that makes me feel a little better. During the time in between, did you send an email to the program? ie email of intent

I did not.  I was listening to a panel of admission directors from all over and they said that while a letter of intent doesn't hurt you, it's not at all helpful and is not considered in their decision making.   I felt really good about my interview, and I already had a back up acceptance so it was a little bit easier to "trust the process".  The biggest mistake I made was listening to the GWU PA Connections podcast on Spotify in the meantime!! I would literally sit in my car in tears because everyone I listened to told me more and more that this was the right match for me.  By the time they called I was so attached, I turned into an incoherent babbling mess!!  

I'm a big believer in what is supposed to happen will happen (I'm a 40 year old military spouse of 20 years so I'm pretty well versed in having NO control over my life!) and I believe the same for you. If it's right, it will happen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, Kyrin said:

Hi everyone!

I noticed that there hasn't been a FB group made yet for the GWU PA Class of 2024 so I went ahead and started one. Feel free to request to join if you've been accepted! If someone wants to make a GroupMe later, we can totally do that too. Congrats again on all the new acceptances and good luck to everyone still in the running!

Have a good night!

image.thumb.png.3089cdeed90a8c6530e842d9e1de011d.png

I actually reached out to them about an official Facebook group and they said one would be created after the last interviews around November.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, SproutMom said:

I did not.  I was listening to a panel of admission directors from all over and they said that while a letter of intent doesn't hurt you, it's not at all helpful and is not considered in their decision making.   I felt really good about my interview, and I already had a back up acceptance so it was a little bit easier to "trust the process".  The biggest mistake I made was listening to the GWU PA Connections podcast on Spotify in the meantime!! I would literally sit in my car in tears because everyone I listened to told me more and more that this was the right match for me.  By the time they called I was so attached, I turned into an incoherent babbling mess!!  

I'm a big believer in what is supposed to happen will happen (I'm a 40 year old military spouse of 20 years so I'm pretty well versed in having NO control over my life!) and I believe the same for you. If it's right, it will happen!

Congratulations on your acceptance!! I am so happy for you:) I also interviewed on 9/11 and absolutely love the school. I appreciate the advice and encouragement! 

• Like 1

Has anyone else who has been accepted had trouble paying the deposit? I paid mine on the 16th and it was withdrawn from my account, but this morning as I looked at my transaction history the withdrawal disappeared and the $1,000 is back in my account… may be a glitch with my bank but was curious if this happened to anyone else. 

18 hours ago, asantos23 said:

I submitted around 6/25! Not sure exact date. However, after much thinking, I’ve decided to give up this interview spot. I’ve already been accepted elsewhere that I feel will be a better fit. 

Mind sending your interview spot this way? Just kidding of course, congrats on being accepted! Thank you for letting me know!

4 hours ago, dragonfruits said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but when did you get start receiving interviews? Are they going to send rejection letters anytime soon? :C

I think the last interview is on November 13 so I think they send invites 1-2 weeks before the interview date. So safe to say that no invite to that interview = rejection 🥲

(I too haven't heard back)

• Upvote 1