CUNY York: 2021-2022

4 hours ago, Reyyy said:

I haven't gotten a 3rd review email and it seems like they were sent at the same time in a batch. Those who got a third step review email - when did you submit and  get confirmed? Did you reach out to check your status of application after getting 2nd review email? Wondering if I should reach out now.

Thanks so much!

In my case, because I wanted to submit early for all programs, I submitted 06/02 (I think that's what CASPA said). Email confirming my app was sent 10/08 -> process email was 11/10 -> faculty review 12/14 -> and obv final review was today 12/28.

I reached out after my 2nd review email mainly because I started to take some additional classes (the coordinator was very kind) around 12/21.

9 hours ago, Reyyy said:

I haven't gotten a 3rd review email and it seems like they were sent at the same time in a batch. Those who got a third step review email - when did you submit and  get confirmed? Did you reach out to check your status of application after getting 2nd review email? Wondering if I should reach out now.

Thanks so much!

Hi! My timeline is very similar to the others: I applied 7/20, received confirmation on 10/18, in process on 12/8, moved to 2nd on 12/14, and 3rd on 12/28.

Keep the faith everyone and stay hopeful!!!! I am rooting for all of you!

Edited by kpl1456
  • Like 2

I reached out to them and got pushed to 3rd review. I got my rejection notice today stating I was denied an interview. that's too bad. I submitted like 08/04  and it looks like based on last cycle that anyone who submitted after August are unlikely to interview because they are rolling and only a 30 student class. Maybe would've been different had I submitted sooner.

Best of luck to all the rest still eligible. Apply earliest as possible is my lesson learned. 

Edited by Reyyy

3 hours ago, TippyPPA22 said:

How was the interview? I just got my invite as well. I've only interviewed with Mercy College so far this cycle and that was two rounds of group interviews. What's the structure like?

It was very laid back! It was 2-on-1 and it was with two of their professors. They were both really kind and very easy to talk to. I’d say 80% traditional questions and 20% ethical/behavioral. I’m also from Florida so they asked me why I had applied to a program in NY and how would I adapt if I were to get in. Overall it was very easy to get a conversation going! Let me know if you have any other questions, I’m always happy to help!