CUNY York: 2021-2022

36 minutes ago, PAHopeful1991 said:

Anyone else accepting their interview invitation? If so, did you respond to the email, or did you just leave it be and are waiting for dates?

I’ll be accepting! I did not respond to the email, I think I’m going to leave it be for them to reach out in the next 2 weeks with dates. If not, then I’ll definitely reach out to them! Did you respond?

Guest PrePAPath01

Is CUNY York rolling admissions? I couldn't find it on their website. I applied in August and haven't received an application acknowledge email yet. Wasn't sure the expected timeframe to hear back and for possible interview invitations

23 hours ago, PAHopeful1991 said:

I have an interview for Friday, 9/24, but I’m kind of worried since it was the last interview day they offered for next week. 

Hey there, I have submitted my application June 14th. I have gotten verified on 06/15. I have gotten acknowledged email on 08/24. Has anyone tried reaching out to the school?

On 6/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, thisisliz said:

No - in CASPA on the documents page it explains that you need letters verifying your HCE hours:

1. Documentation of Health Care Experience (HCE) - This is REQUIRED and must be a separate letter from any of the reference/recommendation letters. 250 hours are required (at least 150 hours are needed to apply, the other 100 hours can be pending, but the 250 hours must be completed before the program starts in the Fall). HCE includes volunteer work or employment in hospitals, clinics, private offices, or extended healthcare facilities. This experience should relate mainly to direct patient contact; clerical work is not an acceptable form of HCE. Shadowing of a PA or MD is preferred. This program will accept 100 hours of virtual shadowing. The HCE letter can be from the Human Resources Department, a supervisor, the health professional being shadowed, or an administrator. A letter must be provided for at least 250 HCE hours you enter on your application. The letter should be on a letterhead of the organization or individual, clearly state the hours in numerical form and tasks performed, and must provide a contact number. This letter should be uploaded into the "SHADOWING/HEALTHCARE" section below. If you have more than 3 letters of verification please upload additional letters to the "CLINICAL/PROFESSIONAL" section below. If you have less than 3 letters of verification please upload a blank sheet of paper to the unused "SHADOWING/HEALTHCARE" sections 

This is the only program I've seen explicitly ask for proof (besides the information asked in the "Experience" portion of CASPA).

How did you (or anyone can answer🙂) go about forming this letter?

Did your manager write the detailed letter or did the applicant write it (and the manager signed it)?

Or

Was there already a form provided by your job that your manager filled in with your information and signed it...or did the applicant craft the form (and the manager signed it)?

Did you find it tough getting this requirement from your past (if applicable) employment?

Thanks in advance

On 9/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, PAHopeful1991 said:

I have an interview for Friday, 9/24, but I’m kind of worried since it was the last interview day they offered for next week. 

Hey, I got the email saying “Your Application Has Been Moved To The 2nd Step Faculty Review.” Did you get the same email before getting the interview? And also please, share your experience after your interview.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:13 PM, bumperscars said:

Anyone that has already interviewed- did you inquire about decision timeline? I forgot to ask during my interview today and I’m definitely very curious to say the least lol

If you don’t mind, could you give some insight on the interview type? One on one? Group? Also, mainly traditional questions? MMI? Etc.?