CUNY York: 2021-2022

On 9/24/2021 at 12:26 AM, Pagirl19977 said:

Hey, I got the email saying “Your Application Has Been Moved To The 2nd Step Faculty Review.” Did you get the same email before getting the interview? And also please, share your experience after your interview.

I got that, then a while later I got 3rd step review, and then immediately the next day I got an interview invite. Very friendly! It was an ideal situation because it was like a conversation.

Just now, Sebastian said:

Hi everyone, I am planning on applying this upcoming cycle. And wanted to ask the students that were accepted or received an interview invite, if they had any community service hours. Or just health related experience? Thank you guys and congrats to you guys!  

Hi Sebastian! 
i interviewed with them a couple of weeks ago! I’m happy to share my stats with you. I have just over 1,000 volunteer/community service hours that I had been gaining since i graduated high school. I also have close to 1,000 PCE. I didn’t start working on that until my senior year of college (last year) so you have plenty of time to get some hours!

3 hours ago, allisongauvey said:

Hi Sebastian! 
i interviewed with them a couple of weeks ago! I’m happy to share my stats with you. I have just over 1,000 volunteer/community service hours that I had been gaining since i graduated high school. I also have close to 1,000 PCE. I didn’t start working on that until my senior year of college (last year) so you have plenty of time to get some hours!

Hi Allison,

I currently have close to 1500 hours of PCE as an ED tech. And will probably have a little over 2000 hours when I apply. And will have 200 hours of hospital volunteering and 200 hours of shadowing 4 PAs(all diff specialties). Will this be enough hours to be competitive ? And should I get some hours doing community service or just focus on getting more Patient Care Hours as an ED tech ?

4 hours ago, allisongauvey said:

Hi Sebastian! 

And congrats on your interview !

On 10/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, Sarzayus said:

Hi everyone, I am planning on applying this upcoming cycle. And wanted to ask the students that were accepted or received an interview invite, if they had any community service hours. Or just health related experience? Thank you guys and congrats to you guys!  

Hello! I got an acceptance. I only had 250 hours as a phlebotomist at the time of application, 800 hours at the time of interview. No community service hours, 550 Hours as a pharmacy tech. I notified CUNY York really values a high GPA. 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, PAHopeful1991 said:

Did anyone who sent in their seat acceptance and commitment fee receive acknowledgment of receipt by the program?

I got like a no reply email from them and all it said was documents are received. I’m assuming they mean the deposits but I emailed Tenesha Spain to see for sure. Still no response. Is that what you received? 

50 minutes ago, HopefullyafuturePA said:

I got like a no reply email from them and all it said was documents are received. I’m assuming they mean the deposits but I emailed Tenesha Spain to see for sure. Still no response. Is that what you received? 

I am also in the same exact boat as you! I emailed Tenesha and she just got back to me this morning saying my application was in queue to be reviewed by admissions for the final decision

1 hour ago, HopefullyafuturePA said:

Hello! I got an acceptance. I only had 250 hours as a phlebotomist at the time of application, 800 hours at the time of interview. No community service hours, 550 Hours as a pharmacy tech. I notified CUNY York really values a high GPA. 

Just for curiosity, what makes you think they value high GPAs? It'd be a good news for me lol.

5 hours ago, HopefullyafuturePA said:

I didn’t receive that at all. I had to email graduate admissions in general before someone confirmed.

20 hours ago, FuturePA882 said:

Just for curiosity, what makes you think they value high GPAs? It'd be a good news for me lol.

Because as soon as the interview started the first thing they said was “We looked at your transcript and you have mostly A’s… impressive!!” And then the fact that I kinda had a low PCE and still got in just made me think that. I also know individuals who have applied there in the past with a lower GPA but more hours and haven’t gotten in. But I guess In the end it’s all about the individual and how well you do in the interview.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, HopefullyafuturePA said:

Hey! Thank you for the feedback. What would you consider a high GPA? My overall GPA is a 3.5, and my science GPA is a 3.8. Still have 2 more science classes left that I am confident I will do well in. My last 90 credits GPA is like a 3.7. Is this close to the GPA you had when you applied? And did you take more science courses other than the 8 courses they require? Like upper level science courses? Thank you.