CUNY York: 2021-2022

22 hours ago, PAHopeful1991 said:

(5/17): Just received an e-mail confirming that my application was received and is being reviewed.

Verified 5/10, applied 5/14, on 5/17 I received an email confirming my application was received and in the process of being reviewed. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 9:03 PM, Arbi18 said:

where di you all find the supplemental application? Is there any documented form for the shadowing and PCE hours? 

I don't think there is a separate supplemental application. There is no form to fill out for documentation. You have to get a signed letter from every person your shadowing and worked for who can attest to your hours. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, Arbi18 said:

Thank you so much and by letter you meant letter of recommendation? 

No - in CASPA on the documents page it explains that you need letters verifying your HCE hours:

1. Documentation of Health Care Experience (HCE) - This is REQUIRED and must be a separate letter from any of the reference/recommendation letters. 250 hours are required (at least 150 hours are needed to apply, the other 100 hours can be pending, but the 250 hours must be completed before the program starts in the Fall). HCE includes volunteer work or employment in hospitals, clinics, private offices, or extended healthcare facilities. This experience should relate mainly to direct patient contact; clerical work is not an acceptable form of HCE. Shadowing of a PA or MD is preferred. This program will accept 100 hours of virtual shadowing. The HCE letter can be from the Human Resources Department, a supervisor, the health professional being shadowed, or an administrator. A letter must be provided for at least 250 HCE hours you enter on your application. The letter should be on a letterhead of the organization or individual, clearly state the hours in numerical form and tasks performed, and must provide a contact number. This letter should be uploaded into the "SHADOWING/HEALTHCARE" section below. If you have more than 3 letters of verification please upload additional letters to the "CLINICAL/PROFESSIONAL" section below. If you have less than 3 letters of verification please upload a blank sheet of paper to the unused "SHADOWING/HEALTHCARE" sections 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gabmar said:

Has anyone received a confirmation email from them? I submitted and was verified over a week ago and haven't received an email that they at least received my application. 

I was verified 6/17 and I still haven’t received some sort of confirmation email from them York. I received confirmation from all my other schools except them lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...