2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 4/26/2022 at 7:22 AM, angelicamber said:

Has anyone who interviewed not heard anything/was rejected? Curious to see if they really waitlisted everyone they didn't accept who interviewed.

I interviewed and was rejected last week. So not everyone got waitlisted so congrats to those who did! I personally thought my interview went well but I guess I just wasn’t what they wanted. Good luck to everyone waitlisted!! 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Ilenia said:

I interviewed and was rejected last week. So not everyone got waitlisted so congrats to those who did! I personally thought my interview went well but I guess I just wasn’t what they wanted. Good luck to everyone waitlisted!! 🙂 

Hey, sorry to hear that, but I appreciate you sharing that with us. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey 

• Like 1

I was pulled off the waitlist yesterday and although this school is my only option I am super conflicted regarding their accreditation status. I’m concerned that I’ll move to Cali in September only for the school to undergo review and get their accreditation status revoked. During the interview they mentioned that their accreditation status would not affect me, but I’m still a little skeptical. Is it worth the risk to accept this offer if it’s my only option this year? Application season is already upon us for next year so I am open to waiting for other opportunities. 

24 minutes ago, Shooper said:

I was pulled off the waitlist yesterday and although this school is my only option I am super conflicted regarding their accreditation status. I’m concerned that I’ll move to Cali in September only for the school to undergo review and get their accreditation status revoked. During the interview they mentioned that their accreditation status would not affect me, but I’m still a little skeptical. Is it worth the risk to accept this offer if it’s my only option this year? Application season is already upon us for next year so I am open to waiting for other opportunities. 

While I agree it came be worrisome, especially when making such a big move, here are a couple things to consider that helped me make the choice to commit: 

they are right in saying that the accreditation won’t effect you, since on the first day of class the program will be accredited and so even if they did lose it, you will still get to complete PA school and sit for the PANCE and go to practice just the same. 

secondly, if you review the ARC PA outline, you’ll notice that they were placed on probation mainly for administrative things that they have addressed and can easily turn around. If it were more so academic/clinical issues, I would definitely be more worried 

1 hour ago, Shooper said:

Congrats on being pulled from the list. Were you waitlisted back in February or April?

And selfishly speaking, I would say decline the the seat to make room for the ones who are anxiously waiting for acceptance into this program this year lol.

But as a fellow pre-PA, I would say take the chance and believe the program when they tell you that you won’t be affected. You honestly never know when another acceptance will come up. 

Edited by PAGLT1109

22 hours ago, Shooper said:

After I interviewed with this school I was also worried about the accreditation status, I emailed a current student set to graduate next year. She assured me that their accreditation would be renewed as the administration was doing everything in their power to get re-accredited as it was all administrative. I hope this eases your mind! 

Either way, if you are not 100% about the program I would wait for another acceptance. 

I got multiple acceptances and this is my first cycle. Have faith as better things may be the way. I hope this helps. 

Edited by stefaniav405
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CTA1257 said:

does anyone know if the hybrid format means that first year is done completely online?

Hi! If I can recall I remember hearing that some lectures will be online and labs/practicals will be in person during the first year. Don’t quote me on this but I remember hearing that due to the fact that the campus does not require the Covid vaccination LA county is restricting full in person classes for this program however this may change.

• 2 weeks later...