2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there - getting ready to apply! Just need to finish their short essay question.Ā 

I hadn't really considered SCUHS before, but they did a presentation at a webinar I attended earlier this year that really caught my attention and got me interested in the program.

Good luck šŸ™‚

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faisalkamal said:

Does anyone know if the Sociology prerequisite could be replaced with Developmental Psychology?Ā  That is the only thing holding me back from applying to the program.

Their website says ā€œSociology or Anthropology (3 units) ā€“ Must be a course taken within the Sociology or Anthropology departmentā€

So, unfortunately that sounds like a clear no. But youĀ could always email them to ask.Ā 

I took my anthroĀ classĀ online through a local CC;Ā theyā€™re not too hard to find thankfully if you still need one!Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, kimphan94 said:

Hi guys!Ā 

Regarding the requirements, can anyone elaborate the core science prerequisites? Does that mean BCP, sGPA, or the science GPA of required class? Thank you

Hey, hows it going!

The core science GPAĀ seems like it will be calculated only using the courses that you select in CASPA that correspond to the requirement. Like out of that list under core sciences on the website, whatever courses you chose for those will be used to calculate.

Ā 

Hopefully I answered your question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, angelicamber said:

I recently called the PA phone number and the admissions person randomly told me there are currently over 3000 applications. Which got me thinking about admit stats which I cannot seem to find anywhere. Anyone happen to have a link to it?

Yes, it could be discouraging but this is a competitive field and I know a few people who have matriculated into the program and this program selects candidates that best fit their values. I think that this program provides their students with the best faculty to succeed. I applied on 7/27 and received confirmation a few weeks later. I am excited to hopefully be a part of the SCU PA program and hope to learn and connect with you all! This is my first time applying to SCU. I have heard great things about this program and faculty!Ā 

Wish you luck this cycle!Ā 

Edited by Taleen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, alpal123 said:

Does anyone know if they wait until after the Jan 15 deadline to send out interview invites?Ā 

Hi @alpal123, I cannot speak to this year but last year (2020-2021 cycle), SCU started inviting for interviews prior to the January 15th application deadline. My interview invite came closer to the end of January; they were still sending invites at the end of February so hang in there, I know the wait is filled with anxiety and anticipation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is the GRE required for this school? I don't seem to see it mentioned anywhere on the website so I would assume it's not required.Ā 

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows if the school is currently closed and if so, when they will open? I emailed them a few days ago and have not heard back.

Edited by angelicamber

13 hours ago, KortneyDaly said:

@angelicamberĀ - You are correct, the GRE or PA-CAT is NOT required for the 2021-2022 application cycle. You can find the full admissions requirements here.Ā 

Campus is currently closed, classes resume January 10th. I'm sure your email will get a response soon. I hope that helps answer your questions, good luck this cycle!

Ā 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, KortneyDaly said:

Just a reminder from admissions: the application deadline is January 15; all requirements must be met by then, except for the bachelor's degree.

Keep a close eye on your emails this month ...good luck to you all!

Hi Kortney!

Ā 

Thank you for being available to us and offering help/advise, I appreciate it!

Ā 

From your experience, about how long does it take for admissions to get back to us AFTER our interview to notify us of admittance/rejection/waitlist?

• Like 1

@marblossoms96Ā - I know how much I appreciated having a current student lend advise and answer general questions while going through the application cycle; it's my pleasure to give back.

In regards to your question, it's hard to say...for me, I interviewed February 2 and heard back that same week. Other students heard back in one week, a couple of weeks, or even months later (taken off the waitlist). The best advice I can give is to stay positive and check your email (including the junk folder) often. Good luck all!

On 1/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, KortneyDaly said:

Just a reminder from admissions: the application deadline is January 15; all requirements must be met by then, except for the bachelor's degree.

Keep a close eye on your emails this month ...good luck to you all!

Hi Kourtney!Ā 
Thank you for taking the time to help us fellow Pre-PAs! I do have a question, I submitted on the deadline however I received an email stating I missed the deadline because it needed to be verified BY the deadline. Such an honest mistake on my end for not catching the different between ā€œsubmitting by ā€¦ and verifying byā€¦ā€. Iā€™m very sad because this was a top school for me. Thank you for your time!Ā 

@JayleneDĀ - Apologies, I'm not sure I understand what the question is exactly.

From my past experience, after submitting applications CASPA must then verify the information is correct before forwarding the application to the school. I'm not sure how long the current verification process takes though. It is my understanding that if you submitted your application on January 15th, it would still need to be verified by CASPA before it could be received by SCU (thus the missed deadline). However, I would encourage you to reach out to CASPA/SCU for further clarification.

On another note, as a pre-PA what do you find most challenging about the application process? The CASPA process? The different requirements from universities? I'm interested to know how current PA students could help pre-PAs through this process. Thanks in advance for your opinion.