2021-2022 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, tina787 said:

Hello, I received an invite for 2/1. Super excited! Has anyone interviewed yet? Do you know how long the process is, what's on the agenda, what type of questions they ask, etc? 

hi tina! from what i’ve heard, the interview is pretty traditional. usually one faculty, one alumni/current student and yourself. the interview seems to be short, around 30 minutes with about 10-15 questions. don’t quote me, this is information i gathered from past students and such 🙂 best wishes!

19 hours ago, tina787 said:

Hello, I received an invite for 2/1. Super excited! Has anyone interviewed yet? Do you know how long the process is, what's on the agenda, what type of questions they ask, etc? 

Hi Tina, congratulations! If you don’t mind answering, when did you apply? Just want to gauge where they’re currently at in sifting through applicants

Hello Pre-PAs! I interviewed on 2/1 and got my acceptance call on 2/4. While the program at SCU is extremely appealing to me because of my background in integrative medicine, I am a bit put off by the program's ARC-PA Probation status. Has anyone gotten more information about the likelihood of SCU losing its accreditation? Or heard of changes the program has made to ensure they are following ARC-PA guidelines? I have had a very positive experience with SCU and I wish everyone luck with their interviews!

11 hours ago, emfisch said:

Hello Pre-PAs! I interviewed on 2/1 and got my acceptance call on 2/4. While the program at SCU is extremely appealing to me because of my background in integrative medicine, I am a bit put off by the program's ARC-PA Probation status. Has anyone gotten more information about the likelihood of SCU losing its accreditation? Or heard of changes the program has made to ensure they are following ARC-PA guidelines? I have had a very positive experience with SCU and I wish everyone luck with their interviews!

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Accreditation-History-SCUHS-F-249.pdf
It looks like they’re putting an effort into keeping this program in good standing as the updates seem promising. But I’m not too sure to say.

• Thanks 1

I was told that they make acceptance decisions on Fridays, so that's when you'll hear back from the interview if you're accepted. They said that if you don't hear back by the Friday on the week you interview on doesn't mean that you're rejected. They have interviews scheduled for the rest of the month of February. They inform those who are on the waitlist in April? Majority of the decisions will be made by June but if you don't hear back by June, they said to call them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTT87 said:

I was told that they make acceptance decisions on Fridays, so that's when you'll hear back from the interview if you're accepted. They said that if you don't hear back by the Friday on the week you interview on doesn't mean that you're rejected. They have interviews scheduled for the rest of the month of February. They inform those who are on the waitlist in April? Majority of the decisions will be made by June but if you don't hear back by June, they said to call them. 

Did you interview today? How was your experience?

55 minutes ago, Ltran2094 said:

Did you interview today? How was your experience?

Yes, I did have my interview today. Like what was said above, the interview was pretty straightforward. I would say the interview was about an hour long. I queued in the beginning for a few minutes before being put into the zoom meeting. There was a survey to do, a virtual tour, and time allotted for questions to ask them after the virtual tour. They answered questions along with giving us some information about the program. After this, you're put into a break out room with 2 faculty members for your individual interview. The max amount of time spent during the individual interview was like 30 minutes, but could be less. My experience overall wasn't bad. The questions were straight forward whether it was from past experiences or hypothetical scenarios.

12 hours ago, Ilenia said:

Does anybody know if they’ll still send out interviews or have they sent them all out? I got an interview last year but isn’t looking too good this cycle 😕 

I don’t want to give false hope but last year I believe I got an interview invite in February to interview around mid to late Feb so I believe they might still be inviting and interviewing people but don’t quote me on that ahah. But best of luck to you! I hope they give you a chance!

• Like 1