2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 10/23/2021 at 8:39 PM, Hopeful2bPA said:

Would someone be willing to post what are the secondary essay questions this year? 

Unfortunately you have to agree not to share the essay questions before writing them.

On a side note, I have some good news, Penn State received its full continued accreditation as of yesterday!!! It hasn't been updated on the ARC-PA website yet but I have been given permission to share this news with everyone.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, PAsandPugs said:

Kinda wild no movement on the forum at all yet. I think even with the delay in CASPA and supplementals, chances are some invites must have gone out by now… but who knows! There’s no indication on here yet anyway 🙂 has anyone reached out to the office by chance?

All I’ve gotten back is a confirmation that they received my secondary application but I did email them on Nov 2 about an update to my app and they haven’t responded to that yet 😕 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, dmm27 said:

The first step is the one-way virtual interview which just needed to be done within 5 days of receiving the invitation, just did it yesterday

I  got an email today inviting me to complete a one-way interview. 🙌🏼🙌🏼 How was it? Any tips?  Were the questions timed?  Etc … anything would be helpful and much appreciated.  Thank you!

On 12/30/2021 at 2:15 AM, Bking123 said:

I  got an email today inviting me to complete a one-way interview. 🙌🏼🙌🏼 How was it? Any tips?  Were the questions timed?  Etc … anything would be helpful and much appreciated.  Thank you!

Congrats! The questions were timed, varying depending on the question. I think that they were fair and mainly traditional in format. You have one recording for each question, no restarts. I will admit that the one way interview was intimidating in my opinion. I remember the first question I thought I completely bombed and definitely didn’t give the best answer but ended up receiving the faculty interview a few days later. Good luck!!

2 hours ago, kdl5526 said:

Congrats! The questions were timed, varying depending on the question. I think that they were fair and mainly traditional in format. You have one recording for each question, no restarts. I will admit that the one way interview was intimidating in my opinion. I remember the first question I thought I completely bombed and definitely didn’t give the best answer but ended up receiving the faculty interview a few days later. Good luck!!

Thank you for this!  I for sure bombed this interview and will be shocked if I’m given a faculty interview (especially give the very low application to acceptance ratio from last cycle). The one-way interview format totally threw me for a loop, knocked me off my game big time.  If my expectations were low before they are all but nil now. I definitely learned from it so I’m focusing on applying this hiccup to the next interview that comes along.  Best of luck to you and thanks again for your help!

On 1/3/2022 at 8:22 AM, Bking123 said:

Thank you for this!  I for sure bombed this interview and will be shocked if I’m given a faculty interview (especially give the very low application to acceptance ratio from last cycle). The one-way interview format totally threw me for a loop, knocked me off my game big time.  If my expectations were low before they are all but nil now. I definitely learned from it so I’m focusing on applying this hiccup to the next interview that comes along.  Best of luck to you and thanks again for your help!

Well, it must not have been as bad as I thought because I just completed the one-on-one interview yesterday.  It was awesome and the interviewer and I had a great moment while answering one of the questions; something I would bet has never happened before in an interview.  I really REALLY hope I get the acceptance call but regardless I will have a wonderful memory to share forever.  This opportunity is such a great example of never giving up, even when the chips are down.  Happy Saturday, everyone!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...