Rejected today 😞

-overall 3.76

-science 3.51

-pce- around 4,000 hours 

-volunteer-1,200 hours 

-recs- 2 PA’s, 2MD, 1 PH.D

-shadowing- 50 hours 

-research 700 hours 

-worked at Brigham and women’s and now work for a dermatology surgeon. Feeling really defeated but congrats to everyone! It’s so tough. 

14 hours ago, OliviaT17 said:

Rejected today 😞

-overall 3.76

-science 3.51

-pce- around 4,000 hours 

-volunteer-1,200 hours 

-shadowing- 50 hours 

-research 700 hours 

-worked at Brigham and women’s and now work for a dermatology surgeon. Feeling really defeated but congrats to everyone! It’s so tough. 

you have some amazing stats. any other program would be lucky to have you, keep your head up 🙂

18 hours ago, OliviaT17 said:

Rejected today 😞

-overall 3.76

-science 3.51

-pce- around 4,000 hours 

-volunteer-1,200 hours 

-shadowing- 50 hours 

-research 700 hours 

Sorry to hear about the rejection. You do have some great stats though, so I'm sure you'll land in the program that's right for you. Do you mind saying when you applied/were verified?

1 hour ago, PAbnkhrx216 said:

So I called the PA Program because I could not wait any longer. Found out we have not heard back yet due to staff taking vacation. We are not going to find out until at least tomorrow since that is when they are back from vacation.

Oh wow that makes sense, so we will hear back tomorrow? Are decisions already made or are they waiting for that staff member to make decisions?

On 7/18/2021 at 8:50 AM, kasafrass said:

Nothing yet! I'm still waiting as well. Best of luck to you! 

Excited for you to hear back!!
What was different about the two 1 on 1s? Did one interviewer ask more difficult questions than the other? Or did they ask similar/ the same questions? 

Just called Sarah Stark and she said she will be sending out the July 12th interview results later today! Good luck, everyone! 

@100PAtobe the interviews were similar, for me. Both very conversational and relaxed, with slightly different questions. They asked us not to share specific questions, but I will say there was nothing surprising and I really felt like they just wanted to get to know me. It was a great experience. 

Edited by kasafrass