2021-2022 CYCLE

2 hours ago, slsorange said:

Hi! Congrats to you! I also just got accepted and was wondering when we get the email with the contract to sign. I got the acceptance email around 2/3pm today but have not received a follow-up.

I also got the acceptance email this afternoon but no follow up with the contract and details. I will probably email them in the morning asking about it if I don’t get it by tonight

On 6/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, hopefulpa1997 said:

I received an email today confirming they received my deposit (mailed it last Friday, so 3-4 business days ago) and I live 30 minutes from the campus. In the email they said I wouldn’t hear anything from them until the fall, so I’m thinking that’s when we will start to find things in the mail 🙂

Hey! I also just got the email saying my seat is secured. They also have a Facebook group!

57 minutes ago, zippro21 said:

Received an interview for July 12! Extremely nervous and excited as this is my top choice. They specified that this is the last interview day for a seat in the class. Does anyone know the process of the virtual interview day and have any tips to prepare best? Thank you so much!!

Congratulations on getting your interview. I would say don't be nervous since the entire process was relaxing and conversational. And wow never knew interviews were already finished, that was fast! Get a good night's sleep and drink water since you'll be talking obviously haha. Good luck to you and hope to see you in class!

On 6/19/2021 at 10:48 AM, payalshah529 said:

Me too. I submitted on the 7th and I haven't heard anything. Really getting me down. 

Dont get down!

They are still interviewing, however after the next interview session they will have theoretically have filled all of their seats and will be interviewing for waitlist spots. Probably about 50% of their students each year come from the waitlist. I interviewed for the waitlist last year and while I was not so lucky, many people I interviewed with were offered a seat off of the waitlist!

Also, they can take around 4-6 weeks to review your application, and this time of the cycle more people are submitting so relax, be patient, dont stress! its going to take some time 🙂

Hi 🙂 

I wanted to reach out as I wasn't sure if anyone got any updates on the last interview dates? Do they contact you for an interview via email? This is my first time applying to this program so I am not sure what to anticipate or where any updates regarding my application are located.

TIA!

On 6/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, dnuggett said:

Hi 🙂 

I wanted to reach out as I wasn't sure if anyone got any updates on the last interview dates? Do they contact you for an interview via email? This is my first time applying to this program so I am not sure what to anticipate or where any updates regarding my application are located.

TIA!

Hey, yes they send updates via email. Looks like last interview dates were already sent out according to other candidates. I would think waitlist emails would be going out soon.

12 hours ago, Mari1436 said:

would you mind tell me how do you know that? Is this official information? Just curious. I’m still waiting for a reply 

Of course! Another applicant mentioned it in this chain, that they received confirmation the final interview date for an actual seat was sent out, I believe its the beginning of July. So any other dates sent should be for those to go on a waitlist is my understand 🙂

Got an interview invite today (7/6), after a few rejections from other programs. 

Undergrad GPA- 3.68 from Cornell University, in Animal Science

Overall Science GPA- 3.64

Healthcare Experience- 2700 hrs (including some work in animal health)

Leadership Experience- 1600 hrs

Patient Care Experience- 2500 hrs (phlebotomy and surgical tech)

Shadowing- 86 hrs (including veterinary)

Teaching Experience- 480 hrs

Volunteer Experience- 500 hrs+

20+ collegiate awards and affiliations

LORS- Cardiac Surgical PA (a good friend of mine), college professor, Chief of Vascular Surgery at Albany Medical Center, Nurse Manager that I worked with while redeployed during COVID

CASPA verified- May 20th

Albany email of confirmation around Jun 3rd

I hope this helps! Best of luck to all! 

Also, if anyone has already interviewed, would you mind sharing your experience with the rest of us? What were the questions like? How was the atmosphere, tour, etc? I would love to hear your opinions! Thank you!

19 hours ago, kasafrass said:

Got an interview invite today (7/6), after a few rejections from other programs. 

Undergrad GPA- 3.68 from Cornell University, in Animal Science

Overall Science GPA- 3.64

Healthcare Experience- 2700 hrs (including some work in animal health)

Leadership Experience- 1600 hrs

Patient Care Experience- 2500 hrs (phlebotomy and surgical tech)

Shadowing- 86 hrs (including veterinary)

Teaching Experience- 480 hrs

Volunteer Experience- 500 hrs+

20+ collegiate awards and affiliations

LORS- Cardiac Surgical PA (a good friend of mine), college professor, Chief of Vascular Surgery at Albany Medical Center, Nurse Manager that I worked with while redeployed during COVID

CASPA verified- May 20th

Albany email of confirmation around Jun 3rd

I hope this helps! Best of luck to all! 

Also, if anyone has already interviewed, would you mind sharing your experience with the rest of us? What were the questions like? How was the atmosphere, tour, etc? I would love to hear your opinions! Thank you!

Is this for an interview for the waitlist? 

Congrats!! They may have had more seats open up! I heard from others that there is a high chance of being taken off the waitlist as well! I am trying to prepare for my interview. Is the interview traditional? MMI format? I know it is with faculty and students, but I am unsure how to prepare and focus my attention. Anyone mind sharing? 

Thank you! 

12 minutes ago, prepalife112 said:

Congrats!! They may have had more seats open up! I heard from others that there is a high chance of being taken off the waitlist as well! I am trying to prepare for my interview. Is the interview traditional? MMI format? I know it is with faculty and students, but I am unsure how to prepare and focus my attention. Anyone mind sharing? 

Thank you! 

Thank you! It is very possible! I am wondering if they held my application for longer because I actually work at AMC? I honestly haven't been able to figure it out, either! As I understand it (what I have heard form current students, faculty, and recent grads), the interview is incredibly laid back and conversational. I believe it is more focused on getting to know the applicant than direct, probing questions about your intentions. I could be wrong, but that is what I have heard in my inquiries. I currently have interviews set up with 2 faculty (each 1-on-1), and then some breakout sessions with student interviewers, which are held in groups. The rest of the day is dedicated to a virtual tour and some more questions with Sarah, the admissions counselor. I hope this helps! Don't lose hope (I had, then WHAM!!!, right in the feels). 

Edited by kasafrass

@kasafrass Okay I see. Anyways to answer your question I interviewed with them last year. It is super casual. You have 2 1-1 interviews with faculty and its very conversational. In between interviews you are just chilling in the video chat and chatting with the other students. They also talk about the program and you get to ask some current students questions. 

• Like 2