2021-2022 CYCLE

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my app a few weeks ago. Very nervous, since I live about an hour north of Albany and it is the only program in the area. I applied to others, as well, but definitely don't want to move, uproot my husband's job, and sell our home if I don't have to! I heard the first round of interview requests went out around May 29th, last year. Fingers crossed! Hopefully we hear back soon and best of luck to everyone! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Applying for the first time to Albany Med although this is not my first application cycle! My supplemental application has been submitted as of today, and I will be submitting my CASPA Application this weekend. I know they are rolling admissions, but what is their timeline like! Any tips are appreciated 😊

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:24 AM, dnuggett said:

Applying for the first time to Albany Med although this is not my first application cycle! My supplemental application has been submitted as of today, and I will be submitting my CASPA Application this weekend. I know they are rolling admissions, but what is their timeline like! Any tips are appreciated 😊

Albany Med is the best I’ve personally experienced with regards to reviewing applications in a timely manner. Although the email changed this year, last year they specified that you would hear back within 4-6 weeks and it was 4 for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nataliemcarr said:

Rejected today 😞

cGPA- 3.57

sGPA- 3.44

PCE - ~2110 hours
Shadowing - ~20

LORs from PA, MD, optometrist, old employer and professor I did research for

Were you invited for an interview and then rejected or did you get rejected without an interview?

Edited by LittleZigZag

11 hours ago, Nataliemcarr said:

Rejected today 😞

cGPA- 3.62

sGPA- 3.48

PCE - ~2110 hours
Shadowing - ~20

LORs from PA, MD, optometrist, old employer and professor I did research for

Looks like you have a strong application! Keep your head up and continue striving for your dream!