2021-2022 CYCLE

8 hours ago, mfrax21 said:

Congrats, this is amazing!!!! I am interviewing Monday and it is my first interview ever and I’m slightly freaking out lol, any tips for the albany interview? any last minute skills I should brush up on practicing answering? Thanks 🙂

My advice to you and @slsorange is to be yourself. It sounds corny but don’t try to be someone you’re not. You obviously have the academic merit since you earned an interview, what they want to know now is you as a person (that’s what i gathered from my experience). They didn’t ask me anything out of left field that I couldn’t answer, so I think as long as you have some of the basics answered you’ll be golden. The interviews are extremely laid back and low pressure, both of my interviewers made that very clear right from the start! One of them started it with “Yeah this is going to be very informal” lol. It was a great experience and I trust you with do fantastic 🙂 let me know how else I can help

Edited by hopefulpa1997
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hopefulpa1997 said:

My advice to you and @slsorange is to be yourself. It sounds corny but don’t try to be someone you’re not. You obviously have the academic merit since you earned an interview, what they want to know now is you as a person (that’s what i gathered from my experience). They didn’t ask me anything out of left field that I couldn’t answer, so I think as long as you have some of the basics answered you’ll be golden. The interviews are extremely laid back and low pressure, both of my interviewers made that very clear right from the start! One of them started it with “Yeah this is going to be very informal” lol. It was a great experience and I trust you with do fantastic 🙂 let me know how else I can help

Thank you for this reassurance. It's easy to get caught up in all the possible things they could ask and your reply definitely helped me calm down a bit ☺️ I am glad you had such a positive experience. Congrats again!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hopefulpa1997 said:

Thanks for easing my anxiety a bit haha, this really helps 🙂 I wish you the best of luck on your journey and the future! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LittleZigZag said:

Nice! Did you have to physically mail in contract and money or email them? Is it okay to send through a package with tracking number like UPS or FedEx? Just want to see how the process goes. Thanks

In the email they send you upon acceptance, it does not request that you reply to the email. All they ask is for you to print the contract and mail that to them along with the deposit. Once they get it, they said they will email you confirming they received it. I mailed mine in a standard envelope. I live ~30 minutes from Albany so I’m not worried about tracking as it should get there pretty quick. They give you two weeks to get it in to them. Try not to worry too much, if it were to get lost it would get lost whether it be in an envelope or a box 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 12:04 AM, slsorange said:

I'm also interviewing Monday! Do you have any advice or ideas of things we should focus on?

On 6/11/2021 at 11:57 PM, mfrax21 said:

Congrats, this is amazing!!!! I am interviewing Monday and it is my first interview ever and I’m slightly freaking out lol, any tips for the albany interview? any last minute skills I should brush up on practicing answering? Thanks 🙂

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow! I completely agree with everything shared by @hopefulpa1997 I would also encourage you to come up with lots of questions, both for the faculty and for the students. Also, think about questions the interviewers could ask you that are specific to your application and based on undergraduate experiences, etc. 

17 hours ago, hopefulpa1997 said:

In the email they send you upon acceptance, it does not request that you reply to the email. All they ask is for you to print the contract and mail that to them along with the deposit. Once they get it, they said they will email you confirming they received it. I mailed mine in a standard envelope. I live ~30 minutes from Albany so I’m not worried about tracking as it should get there pretty quick. They give you two weeks to get it in to them. Try not to worry too much, if it were to get lost it would get lost whether it be in an envelope or a box 🙂

Thank you. Do you think it will be okay to call the school if the mail gets lost? I know mail always gets lost for me. Since they have a deadline for the mail to get to them, it would be best to call to reserve a seat right. I'm afraid a seat would be taken if the contract mail becomes lost. 

48 minutes ago, MedPAMed said:

Congrats on your interview. How did it go? Wishing everyone the best 🙂

I think it went well! I left with a great impression of the program and how flexible they have been with COVID and helping their students through it!

Edited by slsorange
Typo

3 minutes ago, slsorange said:

I think it went well! I left with a great impression do the program and how flexible they have been with COVID and helping their students through it!

That's awesome to hear and I totally agree since I felt that way during my interview two weeks ago as well. Hope to see you in class soon! 

On 6/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, LittleZigZag said:

Thank you. Do you think it will be okay to call the school if the mail gets lost? I know mail always gets lost for me. Since they have a deadline for the mail to get to them, it would be best to call to reserve a seat right. I'm afraid a seat would be taken if the contract mail becomes lost. 

Absolutely! I would even suggest emailing the admissions coordinator directly if that were to happen. If youre worried about it getting lost, I’d mail your deposit asap and get tracking (if you’re REALLY worried). I can’t imagine they’d be upset with you reaching out if it’s been a while

On 6/11/2021 at 5:32 PM, JulesG said:

Hello all! I was also accepted late Wednesday night after the 6/4 interview! I signed the contract and sent the deposit, and I am so very excited! Good luck everyone!

Hi! Congrats to you! I also just got accepted and was wondering when we get the email with the contract to sign. I got the acceptance email around 2/3pm today but have not received a follow-up.

38 minutes ago, slsorange said:

Hi! Congrats to you! I also just got accepted and was wondering when we get the email with the contract to sign. I got the acceptance email around 2/3pm today but have not received a follow-up.

You should receive it soon. I received the contract email couple of minutes after my acceptance email. You should get it by today

2 hours ago, slsorange said:

I also got an acceptance email from interviewing this Monday 6/14! This is also my first cycle, interview and acceptance. I'm so excited and will be accepting the offer!

I received my acceptance today and will definitely be committing! Can’t wait to meet you all!

On 6/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, MedPAMed said:

Likewise! Do you know how long it will take until we get an updated email regarding the deposit and enrollment packet? I sent in my deposit, but haven't received any updates

I received an email today confirming they received my deposit (mailed it last Friday, so 3-4 business days ago) and I live 30 minutes from the campus. In the email they said I wouldn’t hear anything from them until the fall, so I’m thinking that’s when we will start to find things in the mail 🙂