Kean University 2020-2021

Guest mohmay

Hi, 

Applied and still waiting for a decision. Only thing I've heard is that ARC-PA officially granted them Provisional Accreditation. So it's officially an accredited PA program. Otherwise, still anxiously waiting. lol!

Are any of you on this thread Kean Students, I'm going to take my remaining prerequisites at the school (even before I knew the PA program was going to exist because close to home and etc). If so which microbiology class did you take, they have 2 one says it's for students in health care careers other says it's for bio majors? And once again if Kean students any advice navigating the school website/ do you have insider knowledge on the program?

On 3/31/2021 at 12:08 PM, mohmay said:

Hi, 

Applied and still waiting for a decision. Only thing I've heard is that ARC-PA officially granted them Provisional Accreditation. So it's officially an accredited PA program. Otherwise, still anxiously waiting. lol!

I think that’s a good thing nothing was heard just yet. I’ve been calling non stop just to find out if it is accredited or not and it has been thank god! A chance to get in to start hopefully. I wonder how many have applied. And when they will start interviewing. 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:27 AM, Kore828 said:

It will also be the cheapest PA school in New Jersey for residents. Director also worked at the other big PA programs in NJ. 

I heard that too! Director has lots of experience! That being said it’s going to be tough to get in. They are only taking 20. Nail biter. 

On 4/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, alyssastern13 said:

Are any of you on this thread Kean Students, I'm going to take my remaining prerequisites at the school (even before I knew the PA program was going to exist because close to home and etc). If so which microbiology class did you take, they have 2 one says it's for students in health care careers other says it's for bio majors? And once again if Kean students any advice navigating the school website/ do you have insider knowledge on the program?

Was a Kean student. I’m alumni now. However, I think you should make sure with the director which one you should take so you aren’t taking the course they don’t want. Also I do know when I was in school the courses that had red underneath with those sayings were specific to a major. But if your a bio major just take the bio one. 

Guest mohmay
On 4/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, Futurepa2222 said:

Btw when did you apply? 

I applied Mid-Late January. I was initially skeptical since it's a brand new program, but am hopeful. The Director and Assistant Director are also very accessible and happy to discuss concerns through Webex/Zoom (I had session with the Program Director and she was very helpful). You can try reaching out too!

4 hours ago, mohmay said:

I applied Mid-Late January. I was initially skeptical since it's a brand new program, but am hopeful. The Director and Assistant Director are also very accessible and happy to discuss concerns through Webex/Zoom (I had session with the Program Director and she was very helpful). You can try reaching out too!

Ohhh that’s great!!! Have you heard anything just yet? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 12:08 PM, mohmay said:

Hi, 

Are you waiting for an interview? Or did you interview and youre waiting for a decision?

Guest mohmay

Hi all,

Busy times, sorry about the delay. So thankfully I interviewed and was "conditionally accepted" !!! 😁

Conditions being that I submit a final transcript from my prior school (I currently go to Rutgers). I did also notice that they delayed their application deadline until June 15th, so there's plenty of time for those who wanna apply. I'm really happy that I made it this far. But I'm free to answer any questions about my credentials and healthcare experience. Best of luck to everyone else who's applying. 😀

57 minutes ago, mohmay said:

Hi all,

Busy times, sorry about the delay. So thankfully I interviewed and was "conditionally accepted" !!! 😁

Conditions being that I submit a final transcript from my prior school (I currently go to Rutgers). I did also notice that they delayed their application deadline until June 15th, so there's plenty of time for those who wanna apply. I'm really happy that I made it this far. But I'm free to answer any questions about my credentials and healthcare experience. Best of luck to everyone else who's applying. 😀

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Guest mohmay
12 hours ago, las257 said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Sure.

Undergrad GPA: 3.02

Master's GPA: 3.4

PA Shadowing Hours: 100 (Kean counts hours worked with a PA as well).

Healthcare Hours: 839 ER Volunteer Hours + 3,240 Medical Scribe Hours.

I hope this doesn't discourage anyone with other stats from applying. They do factor in retakes and upper-level courses for Prerequisite GPA. Feel free to ask any other questions. 😀

Guest mohmay
25 minutes ago, JJAY2019 said:

Congrats!

When does the program start?

The inaugural class would start this September. We should be getting more info on orientation and stuff in the upcoming months leading up to it.