Hi all,

I'm trying to find a neonatal PA to shadow...I've worked in NICUs but have only worked around NNPs and would love to see exactly what a PA in the NICU does...even if it's similar to the NNPs role. If there is anyone on the east coast that's a neonatal PA and you'd be willing to be shadowed, I'd be so appreciative. Please PM me if this is an option!

~dcmpatobe

• Administrator

While the average age of PA school students (and hence graduates) has continued its downward trend, I have yet to meet a PA any younger than their early 20's. A neonatal PA would be a bit below the average age at most of the new PA programs springing up...

(thanks, I'll be here all week...)

While the average age of PA school students (and hence graduates) has continued its downward trend, I have yet to meet a PA any younger than their early 20's. A neonatal PA would be a bit below the average age at most of the new PA programs springing up...

(thanks, I'll be here all week...)

Man, that was so bad it was good.:xD:

From what I understand, there are neonatal PAs, but they're only located in certain parts of the country. Plus, there are two (that I know of) post grad neonatal PA residency programs, so the need must be somewhere for there to be a benefit of having these residency programs.

Archived