Need advice....

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some help. I took my prereqs like 7 years ago in my undergrad at a junior college and later got my bachelor's in psychology. I am currently graduating with a double major in business. But I am quite bored and not interested. I have always wanted to be a PA but had some family things that stopped me. Now that we are good.... I don't know what to do. I didn't do so well in my early undergrad years for my prereqs. Should I retake them (they are all science related) or should I do a pre-pa bacc or pre-med? I currently work for a university that offers pre-med as an option. I'm just trying to road map everything. I have even found a prn ma position to apply for the pce hours. And it's in a hospital where I could possibly shadow as well. I'm just stuck with the prereqs or pre-pa.... Help? Guidance? Any suggestions?

On 12/4/2020 at 3:53 AM, UGoLong said:

Also replacing a bad grade with a new attempt averages the two grades for CASPA.

This is true. So retaking those courses may not make a big change in your overall GPA. Keep in mind though that some schools calculate GPA specifically for your pre-reqs, where they may average the two or take the higher grade depending on the school. Either way the retake will make much more of a difference for your pre-req GPA. Retaking those old courses will also allow you to show improvement to adcoms and that you are ready for the rigors of PA school, plus it's good review, so it's definitely worth your time.

Thank you! My prereqs are like 7 years old and from a junior college. This is where I am struggling, but I think with you guys I have helped me decide. I am going to retake them, but focus them in a second degree that is premed. This will allow me to have my prereqs and what i already have put all together in one degree. 

Thank you!