Hello, how do you guys deal with going to schools with no housing. Well I know you have to provide those things for yourself but how hard is it to find housing. I'm in community college now and am going to tranfer to a uni fall 2013 and I'm just preparing myself. How much money should I save up to support myself if I were to go to a school with no housing. Or do you guys use loans? Any advice?

First; most institutions have a campus newspaper with a classified area. Get a copy. Look at the roommate wanted section. You'll probably see $$ regarding rent +/- utilities... Now extrapolate that cost x months Into the future

Second; go food shopping for the first time so you'll know what that costs and project that expense too ... Perhaps the school has a meal plan so you'll have to weigh that out..

Dou you have a car/insurance? Anything else burning a hole in your bank account?

This should be a good start for you

• Administrator

You should have already been saving up everything you could. You should also talk to your school's financial aid office. Loans are meant to cover reasonable living expenses, not just tuition. Of course, the more you borrow, the longer it takes to pay it back and the more your debt service cost ends up being...

Archived