Peds head trauma

7 minutes ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

No one looking centrally at the image i guess...

Whatcha seeing? I'm not good with a single slice CTH. Need to scroll back and forth repeatedly.

A) Because it makes me look real important

B) Orient myself to the anatomy

C) Buys me time while the nursing staff are huddled at my shoulder

In all seriousness though I see no signs of a SDH, no SAH or obvious ICH. No mass or shift. You're hovering over the pons and your fourth ventricle looks collapsed and there's no signs of the suprasellar cistern...but again I have no idea where I'm at.

Disclaimer: I'm medical not trauma

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2020 at 9:31 AM, MediMike said:

Pretty sure that's the right tentorium cerebelli. Would be super odd to see a linear distribution of anything in intracranial pathology...I think.

Feel like everything is concave, convex round or wedge lol

Several of us felt the white line on the right was blood. That was right where the kid hit his head. Lifeflight was put on standby and plans were made to transfer to peds trauma center.

Rads agreed with you that the right tentorium was "atypically thickened and asymetrical when compared to the right". That was my attempted teaching point here. This is a rare normal variant, not blood. Kid still got transferred for trauma obs by ground ALS, given the hx of 2 min loc with generalized sz.

• Upvote 1