Hi! First I want to say I’m new to this forum but from looking at many posts I really enjoy how friendly everyone is 

I wanted to see other’s opinions about PCE as an Ophthalmic Assistant (COA). I believe this does qualify at many school for PCE, but I was wondering if, because a COA is all about optometry, does it make any less valuable? I have the option of doing an MA program or this COA program, but I’m more interested in the COA (and it’s cheaper). Of course I do want to be as competitive as possible, so does being an MA working in many specialities and around general general medicine more valuable to PA programs than a COA who is only around optometrists/ophthalmologists? 

I think medical experience of any kind is useful. Since you  have PCE as a COA maybe working in an urgent care setting as an MA or as a medical scribe in the ED might be valuable. I know that a lot of programs LOVE scribe/EMT experience because it allows for applications to view the thought process behind each complaint. I worked as scribe all throughout undergrad and tbh it was the best way for me to view all the different aspects and specialties of medicine at once.