CAQH profile to apply to job?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this...

I'm trying to apply for a 1099 side telepsychiatry job.  I found a job that seems reasonable (listed for psych NPs of course but trying to write a convincing cover letter) and I'd like to apply but they want an upload of your CAQH profile along with your application. 

It looks like CAQH is a sort of universal credentialing platform. To create a profile, it seems similar to any credentialing forms- filling out your education, work experience, references, malpractice, etc. I feel that this seems excessive for simply applying to a job that I may not even be considered for as a PA.  I also don't want my current employer to know quite yet that I am trying to get a side job though I'm not sure if this profile is something that would be accessible to them or if they would be contacted. 

Has anyone heard of something like this or any advice?  And any leads on telepsych jobs would also be welcome 

CAQH is a universal profiling service and a pain in the butt.

They want updates every 90 days and will send you copious emails.

But, once your stuff is loaded, any one you work for should be able to access it.

Federal Govt doesn't use it so I got to stop responding to them and my profile shut down. 

You can give an administrator access through an email and password, but, be careful. They can put the data in wrong and mess you up.

You should be able to control who has access. 

Good Luck

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:35 AM, umami13 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this...

I'm trying to apply for a 1099 side telepsychiatry job.  I found a job that seems reasonable (listed for psych NPs of course but trying to write a convincing cover letter) and I'd like to apply but they want an upload of your CAQH profile along with your application. 

It looks like CAQH is a sort of universal credentialing platform. To create a profile, it seems similar to any credentialing forms- filling out your education, work experience, references, malpractice, etc. I feel that this seems excessive for simply applying to a job that I may not even be considered for as a PA.  I also don't want my current employer to know quite yet that I am trying to get a side job though I'm not sure if this profile is something that would be accessible to them or if they would be contacted. 

Has anyone heard of something like this or any advice?  And any leads on telepsych jobs would also be welcome 

Personally, I wouldn't do it. That seems entirely excessive for a job application. I don't see any reason why they'd need to see this in order to consider your candidacy. I would take caution in giving this company access until you've at least accepted a job with them. Is it a legitimate posting and company? I've never heard of a company asking for this with your application. Are you sure it wasn't a typo and they actually meant CAQ in Psych? That would make more sense. 

• Administrator
On 7/31/2020 at 10:57 AM, Cideous said:

Every place I have worked for has required I give them my login id and password.  They said it's how they credential and bill.  I didn't like it, but I would not be working if I didn't give it up.

You can also go back and look at what they have and haven't done to your account.  When you're working multiple places, I've had certain new credentialing folks REMOVE info on jobs, SPs, etc. that were still relevant to positions I was still working in.  Of course, the good thing is that changes aren't usually 'pushed' and various insurance companies are not watching like hawks waiting for something to change so they can take you out of their network...