Applications/ Interviews?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks greyoctober! The interview went well, and I was really impressed with the school. One of the aspects of LMU that I liked the most was that they incorporate some of the Osteopathic Manipulation Method into their PA program, which is extremely unique. (I'm not sure if any other schools have this) LMU was probably my last choice before interviewing, but now it's likely my first. The only downside to it is that the program starts 9 days after I graduate and there aren't any breaks in between blocks. :)

Thanks greyoctober! The interview went well, and I was really impressed with the school. One of the aspects of LMU that I liked the most was that they incorporate some of the Osteopathic Manipulation Method into their PA program, which is extremely unique. (I'm not sure if any other schools have this) LMU was probably my last choice before interviewing, but now it's likely my first. The only downside to it is that the program starts 9 days after I graduate and there aren't any breaks in between blocks. :)

It is an impressive school isn't it! No breaks? Is this uncommon for PA schools?

Did you get in? I'm wondering how much of the class is filled? where else are you interviewing?

I'll probably find out in another week if I made it in. As far as not having breaks between blocks, I don't know if that's common. I haven't had an interview at any other school yet. The others that I've applied to are Trevecca and South College. South doesn't start their interviews until after Jan. 1, and I haven't heard anything back from Trevecca. Where else have you interviewed/applied?

Hey guys. I'm currently in the first year at LMU. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I saw the previous messages about breaks in between blocks...are you talking about breaks between the clinical blocks or the breaks between semesters?

aschaale...have you heard anything yet? I was the "unofficial" student rep while the others were taking their exam that day and we talked for a couple minutes after your interview.

Mamapa...sorry hadn't replied to your last message, but I'm glad you enjoyed your bone pathology lecture that day.

For all those looking for housing, before we started we created a facebook page so we could all got to know each other and everyone shared housing information with each other and found roomates long before school even started...just an idea.

Anyway, congratulations to all. Next May will be here before you know it. Enjoy your free time while you can! :)

Mark

If I remember right, we had about 5 or 6 days between summer and fall semesters, and now three weeks for Christmas break. I think they have mentioned we will have about a week between spring and next summer and then a week between the end of didactic and the start of rotations. They definitely try their best to get us the most time they can towards the end of the semesters.

Annabug...so far so good. It's definitely a lot of studying. The material isn't difficult but it is a lot of volume. I like how everything in a block is related. The stuff we learn in pharm is related to the stuff we learn in clin med is related to our physio...you get the point. It definitely makes it all appicable to each other instead of jumping from topic to topic among courses like some other schools. And the faculty is down to earth and does everything they can to help you succeed as long as you put the effort in. If you have any specific questions, just ask!

I am planning a trip to Harrogate in a couple of weeks to go apartment hunting. I will let you all know if I find any particularly useful nuggets of information. I am recovering from my unexpected Christmas present; gall bladder surgery so out of commission for a couple of days. Yuck!!

I am planning a trip to Harrogate in a couple of weeks to go apartment hunting. I will let you all know if I find any particularly useful nuggets of information. I am recovering from my unexpected Christmas present; gall bladder surgery so out of commission for a couple of days. Yuck!!

So sorry to hear that MamaPA! Hope you're recovering well! Take care!

annabug...sorry, was away from the internet for a week. Right now, if you want to do rotations close to home, you have to set them up yourselves (find a doc or PA to precept you, then the school does all the paperwork). If you don't find your own rotations, then the school will just put you wherever there is an opening. The shool has an affiliation with Yale University, so if it is still there for you guys then you can do 6 of the 12 months up in Connecticut (OB/Gyn, surgery, internal medicine, peds? and ortho?). Long term care is in Harrogate, ortho is pretty much in Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City, emergency medicine is in Cleveland or Kingsport, TN.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Hey guys! Just in case you didn't see my other post I wanted to let you know that there is a Facebook group for LMU class of 2013. I'm holding off joining until I make my decision but you guys that know for sure can join. I found it under the title Lincoln Memorial DCOM Physician Assistant 2013.

Archived