Applications/ Interviews?

Tips for interviews: just be yourself. The process at LMU is very relaxing, they make you feel right at home.

Tips for housing: I know it is not easy to find a place, but stay away from Ball's apartments. Construction sucks, very noise! If you can get some roomies to rent a house in the area, you are going to save a lot more money!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have an interview coming up at LMU-DCOM and am looking into flights. The information the college gave me states that everything should be wrapped up by 1:30 pm the day of the interview.

I am flying in Thursday afternoon and was planning to leave Friday shortly after the interview is over. Does anyone suggest sticking around longer? Am I potentially missing opportunities to network, etc.?

I plan to check out the area and housing on Thursday when I get in.

Thanks and good luck to everyone still waiting!

I interviewed in the afternoon last Friday and went for the bus tour. I felt like it was an added opportunity to show interest. Only three of us stuck around for the bus tour but it was well worth it. On top of the bus tour, as we waited in the conference room for the guy to come pick us up, all the interviewers came in a sat with us and we all just made small talk, cracking jokes and having a good time. I feel like that is a big help on them getting to know you a little better outside of the interview where you aren't as pressured and can really be yourself. All that being said, I received my wonderful phone call yesterday and reserved my seat for the May 2012 matriculating class!!! Wahoo I'm ready to get this show on the road! Good luck to everyone who has applied, interviewed, or has upcoming interviews!!!

P.S. - I'd love to find a couple roommates to rent a place other than the apartments if possible, I think it would be a lot nicer...and cheaper from what I hear!! Feel free to message me on here, or call or text. Eric - 423 400 1830

• 1 month later...

Hey all!

Anybody know about the "Alternate list." I'm on it, but the admissions director says that they do use it, contrary to some other schools. I keep in touch with her. I was just wondering if anyone heard anything about the odds of getting accepted once you're on it?

I'm staying as positive as possible!

AJ

AJ,

I have a friend on the alternate list and he was told to keep positive and routinely call for updates on the matter. You can look through old posts on this forum and see that some students were accepted from the list somewhere around two months before classes began. I would suggest you start calling once every two weeks or so beginning in mid-January. They have at least one interview session in January, but I would imagine that is when they will take a serious look at their wait list. Good luck to you!

• 1 month later...

I was told that they continue interviews this year into February, but thank you SOOO MUCH for that info. I have been calling every other week, but only get voicemail.... I would imagine that the offices are getting bombarded with phone calls and I don't want to seem a burden, but I DEFINITELY want my name to stick (ONLY IN A GOOD WAY! HA!)..........

Thanks so much for giving me hope!!

AJ

To Mwilli5009,

I was told that they continue interviews this year into February, but thank you SOOO MUCH for that info. I have been calling every other week, but only get voicemail.... I would imagine that the offices are getting bombarded with phone calls and I don't want to seem a burden, but I DEFINITELY want my name to stick (ONLY IN A GOOD WAY! HA!)..........<br><br>Thanks so much for giving me hope!!<br><br>AJ

Archived