Applications/ Interviews?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would wait it out some more. 1. There's still no guarantee that the waitlisted will accept if offered a spot - also, remember you have a certain amt of time to accept. 2. When I spoke to her last week, she said to give it until AT LEAST the end of this week.I WON'T freak until the mid of next wk.

Genevieve,

I would call. I called a week after my interview, then a couple of other times. She never told me I was on the waitlist until I got my letter [i interviewed Sept 30 and got my letter around Nov 26]. I've been calling pretty regularly just asking for an update on my application and she always encourages me to call back if I don't hear something by some date.

• 2 weeks later...
judging by labcatis' tag, perhaps they were more interested in a surgical focus over the rural medicine focus at LMU.

First off, I believe LMU is a great up-and-coming program, and I have nothing negative to say it or the faculty and students. Yes, MattK and ajdev, the surgical focus was my primary reason in choosing UAB. In addition, UAB is a leader in medical research and health professions education. UAB has several teaching hospitals/clinics on campus and a Level 1 Trauma Unit. I also felt more comfortable committing to a more established program with lower tuition. While I really liked LMU and could easily see myself studying there, in the end UAB is a better fit for me and I'm very excited to be a part of their program.

• 2 weeks later...

Way to go, Genevieve! What an amazing turnaround! - to go from being worried about not receiving anything from them to being accepted in only a few weeks! AWESOME! You can finally let your heart rest for a bit before excitement kicks in again to prepare.

I am praying that a few more of us on that wait list are going to follow right behind you!

Way to go, Genevieve! What an amazing turnaround! - to go from being worried about not receiving anything from them to being accepted in only a few weeks! AWESOME! You can finally let your heart rest for a bit before excitement kicks in again to prepare.

I am praying that a few more of us on that wait list are going to follow right behind you!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived