I know you about this.....so fill me in!!

Yup...

Just finished the GRE td and got V:151 Q:145.....

Kind of upset about the Q! But from what I can tell, this adds up to be a score of about 1000, maybe a little better.

Does anyone out there think I should retake it? Overall U.G. GPA is pretty low (esp via CASPA), cSGPA only at 3.0, grrr Idk what to do anymore, hope I shine somewhere on that APP!!

BTW, already submitted my CASPA app, Mailling date = TODAY!

http://pap.med.ufl.edu/files/2009/05/concordance_information.pdf

Here is the link to the ETS concordance charts. Some schools are using this to equate new scores to old. This is off of the UF website, but it is from ETS.

You may want to look into retaking it or focus on schools that do not require it. I pains me to say it as I have a deep loathing of the GRE, but requirements are requirements.

The thing I'm not sure about is how they look at the percentages. On the old scale I scored a 1080, which seemed to be good enough. But looking at the percentages I got in Q: 36%, makes me look horrible. I'm not sure how this plays out.

Look at what the programs your applying to requires. Some schools only prefer that your score is above 1000 (old scoring system) and others will specify the percent to be above 50%in every section.

Do you actually know of any schools that openly say that about 50%? I've looked into a lot of different schools and that is news to me. Which schools have you seen this requirement?

A 50% in each category means the lowest "old" score you could have is a 1090. Seems like quite a jump.

Thanks,

Very few do, but ones such as Midwestern in Downers Grove is one This is what they say on their website

Applicants are expected to achieve a score at or above the 50th percentile in each section. If an applicant has attempted the GRE examination on more than one occasion, the most recent GRE scores will be utilized in the review of the applicant's file.

Do you actually know of any schools that openly say that about 50%? I've looked into a lot of different schools and that is news to me. Which schools have you seen this requirement?

A 50% in each category means the lowest "old" score you could have is a 1090. Seems like quite a jump.

Thanks,

Agree with the above, plus schools really do look at whole package so don't fret too much. I did so awful on my gre (below 1000, below 50th percentile on both) but I got many interviews (didnt even go to 4), got 3 acceptances, and currently go to Midwestern. I did well didactic year (mostly A range grades) and am currently at the beginning of clinical year. So not all is lost with bad gre's plus I don't feel it really means much. And it's always worth a try. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Archived