eFax-like software?

• Administrator

I have an upcoming need to exchange chart notes remotely with a practice that still uses paper charting without any EMR.  Does anyone have a 100% electronic (no phone line, etc.) fax solution that worked for them and they'd recommend?  Any advice or pitfalls to avoid?

17 minutes ago, rev ronin said:

I have an upcoming need to exchange chart notes remotely with a practice that still uses paper charting without any EMR.  Does anyone have a 100% electronic (no phone line, etc.) fax solution that worked for them and they'd recommend?  Any advice or pitfalls to avoid?

I use the TinyFax app... although now reading your post I don't know if you're old enough to consider a cell phone a phone line or not...

• Administrator
8 hours ago, MediMike said:

I use the TinyFax app... although now reading your post I don't know if you're old enough to consider a cell phone a phone line or not...

I don't consider a cell phone a phone line, but what I meant by that was not needing telephone service at all; data over a cell hot spot is different. 🙂

ETA: Ok, while I have a cell phone, I will be composing notes on a MacBook Pro that also runs Windows 7 (and Linux if I need it to) using Parallels. Bluetoothing documents to my phone might be possible, but it would be an extra step I hadn't anticipated a need for.

Edited by rev ronin

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Marinejiujitsu said:

I have a magicjack. $30 for a year or 2 which includes the hardware. internet to device, device to fax. Super easy to fax.

Hmm.  I don't have nor want a physical fax machine at my end--I want to be paperless on my end to the greatest extent possible, keeping everything PDFs if I can.

• Like 1

Doximity app.  Provides a HIPPA compliant fax number that connects to both your phone and a desktop app, free once you connect with your NPI number.  Rounding at different hospitals / on the move I use it to communicate with DME companies when orders need to be signed, has worked well so far.  They also offer a dialer that I use to spoof the office number instead of using *67 so I can call patients from my cell phone after hours / covid telemed and they are more likely to pick up.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, tallone48300 said:

Doximity app.  Provides a HIPPA compliant fax number that connects to both your phone and a desktop app, free once you connect with your NPI number.  Rounding at different hospitals / on the move I use it to communicate with DME companies when orders need to be signed, has worked well so far.  They also offer a dialer that I use to spoof the office number instead of using *67 so I can call patients from my cell phone after hours / covid telemed and they are more likely to pick up.

Thanks.  I am experimenting with the free RingCentral trial, but there's so many disconnects between what is advertised and what's available I'm very much not impressed.