Touro College Manhattan 2020-2021 Admissions

Hey all! I'm wanting to apply to the Manhattan campus as well as Middletown and have one hangup. They said I need biology II and have to fill out an admissions appeal to have another upper division biology (genetics) take its place. Do you think they'll accept this admissions appeal? Is it worth it?

Hey folks, I am have a question about the supplemental application for Manhattan or Bayshore. It the supplemental application just the two forms, direction patient care form and PA shadowing forms that I download from CASPA? I will have my supervisors/PA  fill them out and upload them on CASPA? 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, BL2112 said:

I recently applied to the program and I have been verified as I got the second email about my application has been sent for review. Now the waiting games begin!! 

You got another email after being verified by the program that they are in the process of reviewing your application?

23 hours ago, Fin2PA said:

You got another email after being verified by the program that they are in the process of reviewing your application?

Yes that is right first email was about my verified CASPA application for received by the college and second email was an update regarding my application being advanced to the PA Admissions Committee for formal review

13 hours ago, BL2112 said:

Yes that is right first email was about my verified CASPA application for received by the college and second email was an update regarding my application being advanced to the PA Admissions Committee for formal review

That is great to hear. I applied end of June, and verified first week of July, but haven't received a second email. I hope I receive one soon. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all of you who have received an interview invite! I just received one yesterday as well. Does anyone knows specifically how the interview will be. I have another interview in the morning that day around 8:30 am and I am thinking if I will be able to make it to this interview at 10 am.  Are we going to attend any session before and after the interview? Good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, pasmember said:

Congratulations to all of you who have received an interview invite! I just received one yesterday as well. Does anyone knows specifically how the interview will be. I have another interview in the morning that day around 8:30 am and I am thinking if I will be able to make it to this interview at 10 am.  Are we going to attend any session before and after the interview? Good luck to everyone!

It should be about 2 hours long and they will send more information closer to the date. That is all I know at the moment

Hello, 

I applied to Manhattan and Bayshore. I just received an email asking me to choose one place that I hope to get interviwed and hopefully get accepted to. I am not sure how to make this decision.

Has anyone recieved something similar? How does my choice impact my overall application to Manhattan and Bay Shore? Anything would help me make a choice. 

4 hours ago, ANEWU said:

Hello, 

I applied to Manhattan and Bayshore. I just received an email asking me to choose one place that I hope to get interviwed and hopefully get accepted to. I am not sure how to make this decision.

Has anyone recieved something similar? How does my choice impact my overall application to Manhattan and Bay Shore? Anything would help me make a choice. 

I was asked the same and was assured my application would still remain active with the other campuses regardless of choosing a preferred location. Manhattan and Bayshore differ in that Manhattan is a longer program, awarding a dual degree. Since it is 32 months, 5 months extra, it also comes at an additional cost. Bayshore however is 28 months, only awarding a masters, and is slightly less expensive. Not sure if that helps. I ultimately decided based on location and proximity to my home.

I was told over the phone by Mary Slack that you give your preference on location (I had to give mine as well). I was placed for an interview at the location I didn’t give my preference to- but Miss Slack reassured me that it didn’t matter, the interviews are incredibly similar for both. She also told me that if accepted at the location you interviewed at, you can then defer to another location! I live really really close to Bay Shore (literally 10 mins away), but I love the Manhattan program- due to it being a longer program with an emphasis on mental/behavioral health. I’d be happy to get into either program.

Edited by Anika

18 hours ago, Anika said:

I was told over the phone by Mary Slack that you give your preference on location (I had to give mine as well). I was placed for an interview at the location I didn’t give my preference to- but Miss Slack reassured me that it didn’t matter, the interviews are incredibly similar for both. She also told me that if accepted at the location you interviewed at, you can then defer to another location! I live really really close to Bay Shore (literally 10 mins away), but I love the Manhattan program- due to it being a longer program with an emphasis on mental/behavioral health. I’d be happy to get into either program.

Congrats on the interview. Could you share your stats? I applied, but haven't heard anything back. 

On 9/24/2020 at 5:45 PM, Fin2PA said:

Congrats on the interview. Could you share your stats? I applied, but haven't heard anything back. 

Here ya go 🙂

Cumulative GPA: 3.74

Science GPA: 3.62

GRE: 302

Shadowing: 3 PAs, 200 hours total. 1 MD, 120 hours total.

PCE: Medical Scribe, ~1140 hours

HCE: Medical Receptionist, ~1000 hours and counting

Research: 1.5 years doing clinical research on Medulloblastoma

Volunteer: St. Francis Hospital and Berkshire Nursing home, 100+ hours each

Leadership: Student Body Vice President, Orientation Leader, Student Ambassador, Chair of Honors Advisory Council, President of Chi Beta Phi (Science Honor Society), etc.