2020-2021Application cycle

Hey good evening, it's about time to get a thread going for this cycle. 

Quick question for applicants, in terms of the Wayne State Graduate school application that's required in addition to CASPA, did you send your official transcripts directly to Wayne State as well? I submitted all of the grad school requirements with unofficial transcripts, but am trying to determine if my application will be reviewed without receiving my official transcripts directly to the graduate school. Obviously they are verified and available on CASPA, I was just a bit confused in that regards. 

I looked into previous year's threads and couldn't find a solid answer. Previously accepted applicants please feel free to chime in as well!

I genuinely wish everyone the best of luck this cycle!

On 6/3/2020 at 11:14 PM, sc215266 said:

Hey good evening, it's about time to get a thread going for this cycle. 

Quick question for applicants, in terms of the Wayne State Graduate school application that's required in addition to CASPA, did you send your official transcripts directly to Wayne State as well? I submitted all of the grad school requirements with unofficial transcripts, but am trying to determine if my application will be reviewed without receiving my official transcripts directly to the graduate school. Obviously they are verified and available on CASPA, I was just a bit confused in that regards. 

I looked into previous year's threads and couldn't find a solid answer. Previously accepted applicants please feel free to chime in as well!

I genuinely wish everyone the best of luck this cycle!

I ran into this problem too and emailed the Graduate Admissions office...they emailed back and said you do have to also submit your official transcripts through their graduate school application! Some of the transcript ordering services I had to go through didn't even have WSU Graduate School as an option though, so I had to have them emailed to the Graduate Office. I've been checking to see when they mark it as received on my application, I will keep you posted!

13 hours ago, MS101096 said:

I ran into this problem too and emailed the Graduate Admissions office...they emailed back and said you do have to also submit your official transcripts through their graduate school application! Some of the transcript ordering services I had to go through didn't even have WSU Graduate School as an option though, so I had to have them emailed to the Graduate Office. I've been checking to see when they mark it as received on my application, I will keep you posted!

Thank you for letting me know! Just went through the grueling process of sending all of my official transcripts again. Tough because one of my schools only sends paper official transcripts and takes two weeks to process and send it 🙄 This was also an online college that I only took one course, go figure.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:09 PM, sc215266 said:

Thank you for letting me know! Just went through the grueling process of sending all of my official transcripts again. Tough because one of my schools only sends paper official transcripts and takes two weeks to process and send it 🙄 This was also an online college that I only took one course, go figure.

Yes, I have also been told we have to send our transcripts again. However, they clarified with me today that we do not need to send letters of recommendation to them individually, just through the evaluations in CASPA. Also if anyone is taking summer classes like me, we can submit a copy of the registration on CASPA for now and then send official grades to graduate admissions. Good luck all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 9:09 PM, sc215266 said:

I just checked the status on the supplemental application and they have everything now checked off as received for me! However, I did have to email a couple times to verify they received my transcripts before they marked it as received on my application. If yours haven't been checked off as received, I would email them!! 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 9:10 AM, MS101096 said:

I just checked the status on the supplemental application and they have everything now checked off as received for me! However, I did have to email a couple times to verify they received my transcripts before they marked it as received on my application. If yours haven't been checked off as received, I would email them!! 🙂

Yes I would definitely email them! My transcript wasn't uploaded for weeks and I had to email them twice to get a response and for them to locate my transcript. Be patient, but definitely not sure why they lose transcripts like that...

11 hours ago, JacKasmi94 said:

Nothing required, but 50 volunteer hours will really help your application, and more than that does not really matter too much!

know anybody that has gotten in with less than 50? im going to try to get at least 30 by September 1. CASPA asks for hours btwn 2018 and 2020...I've got more than 50 but just not within the last 2 years

On 7/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, StephenPA said:

know anybody that has gotten in with less than 50? im going to try to get at least 30 by September 1. CASPA asks for hours btwn 2018 and 2020...I've got more than 50 but just not within the last 2 years

Yea it’s definitely possible. Good luck!

Guest butterpecan
3 hours ago, prepaperson said:

Did everyone else receive an email today confirming that they received your CASPA application and are in the process of reviewing applications? My friend received one but I didn't, so I wasn't sure if they are still just sending them out or if I am missing something.

I didn't, although isn't Wayne non-rolling so they don't start looking at applications until after the Sep 1st deadline? 

16 hours ago, Jasmine20 said:

I didn't, although isn't Wayne non-rolling so they don't start looking at applications until after the Sep 1st deadline? 

Thanks for the response, glad to hear I'm not alone! That is also a good point about their non-rolling admissions! I just thought they might send out confirmations as they received applications, which it sounds like they are doing, just not all at once.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ZehraAl said:

Sooooo... two of the transcripts didnt reach the schools yet for the supplemental application (even though they were pdf electronic transcripts) and its the deadline... is anyone in the same boat? I mean, am i okay still or is this going to disqualify me from being an applicant?

This was sent to me at the beginning of August from them:

Dear Applicants,

We wanted to update you that the deadline to submit official transcripts to Graduate Admissions has been extended to September 30th, 2020.  If you have already submitted please disregard.  Also, a note below about the processing of transcripts from Graduate Admissions.

Currently, this is a busy time for Graduate Admissions and we are backlogged on processing transcripts received.  If you have copies of your unofficial transcripts, please upload them to your application.  Unofficial transcripts can be used by your program to make an admission decision.  If you are offered admission without the official documents, your admission will be labeled as temporary.  'The temporary admission will allow you to register and begin the process of attending classes.  When your official transcripts have been received and uploaded to your application, the temporary admission status will be removed. We are working as fast as we can to process all transcripts received. 

Edited by FuturePAKels
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 9:14 PM, CMichPrePA said:

Hey guys! I’m a first year PA student at Wayne State. You will most likely not hear anything in regards to interviews until after September. I received my interview offer October 3rd. If you guys have any questions, let me know! 

Hey! How long after interviewing did you hear about your acceptance?

• 2 weeks later...