Oklahoma City University 2020-2021 cycle!

5 hours ago, faithfrancesca said:

Interview 9/24 at 11:30 am! How is everyone preparing for the virtual interview? 

I was looking over MMI questions and brushing up on current events. This is my first virtual interview, so I am very nervous. At the end of the day I decided that I have made it this far and have prepared as much as I can in my opinion. My interview is tomorrow morning so I am trying to relax the night before. I have no idea what their assignment is going to be, so that is a bottle of anxiety in itself. I would say just remember to stay calm, and give off your best impression. 

I am excited to see where this journey takes us!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jess07 said:

I was looking over MMI questions and brushing up on current events. This is my first virtual interview, so I am very nervous. At the end of the day I decided that I have made it this far and have prepared as much as I can in my opinion. My interview is tomorrow morning so I am trying to relax the night before. I have no idea what their assignment is going to be, so that is a bottle of anxiety in itself. I would say just remember to stay calm, and give off your best impression. 

I am excited to see where this journey takes us!

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ypb07 said:

Had the interview today. It was a great experience! The MMI actually worked well. 

For those who asked about stats, here are mine:

• 2 BS degrees (Molecular & Microbiology, Health Science minor, BS in nursing)
  • overall GPA 3.61
  • science GPA 3.62
  • Research 960 hours
  • HCE 7400 hours (lab)
  • PCE 4932 hours (RN)
  • Volunteering 446 hours
  • Shadowing 29 hours, 3 PAs
  • Second application year. Last year only applied to one school (not OCU), had an interview, but was rejected.

Good luck to all of us! 

Thank you for sharing! I have my interview on Wednesday and this will be my first MMI. I feel relieved to hear that it was a good experience! Best of luck! 

Just now, Jayhawk97 said:

Thank you for sharing! I have my interview on Wednesday and this will be my first MMI. I feel relieved to hear that it was a good experience! Best of luck! 

Thank you! Best of luck to you too! It was my first MMI as well and my first ZOOM interview. I must admit, I actually liked it better than live interviews.

I just finished my interview. This was also my first MMI and first Zoom interview! I thought it went extremely well. The interviewers made you feel very relaxed and I did not think that they were trying to intimidate you at all. The assignment is not bad. Just brush up on your current events. Good luck to everyone with their interviews!

• Like 1

Just now, AspirePA2021 said:

Hello Everyone, 

Is that mean no any traditional interview questions like why you choose this school and why you want to be a PA?

Not exactly. An MMI question can be “Discuss the reasons you want to be a PA” or “Tell me and explain why you want to attend to attend this school.” Be prepared for anything. Good luck!

I had an interview yesterday and I felt very confident and happy with how it went.  The faculty was very welcoming and kind. Good luck to everyone else who interviewed! I sent an email to Amber asking her when we should expect to hear back about  a decision and she said by Nov. 1st. I think that means the latest we should hear is by then, but hopefully sooner.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, smiths13 said:

I had an interview yesterday and I felt very confident and happy with how it went.  The faculty was very welcoming and kind. Good luck to everyone else who interviewed! I sent an email to Amber asking her when we should expect to hear back about  a decision and she said by Nov. 1st. I think that means the latest we should hear is by then, but hopefully sooner.

Thanks for asking! I was wondering when we would hear back

• Like 1

Surely it won’t take that long to hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2