2020-2021 Application Cycle

41 minutes ago, ashlynprepa said:

Hello everyone! I submitted my CASPA August 3 and have not received an invite from LSU-Shreveport. It is my top pick school. I want to start bettering myself for next year in case I do not get in this year. 

My stats:

GPA 3.5

sGPA 3.4

PCE 120 hours

HCE 6,700 hours

Volunteer 560 hours

Shadow 20 hours

To anyone who received an interview for LSU Shreveport, would you mind sharing your stats with me? Thanks and good luck everyone!

My first question is what is PCE and HCE? Patient care experience and health care experience ? 

My GPA is 3.86

Science GPA is around that as well. Not sure of exact number on the top of my head. 

I’ve got right at 2500 hours for very unique direct patient care experience. 

Have not shadowed but worked closely with a PA for several months under their direction.

Also volunteered for a little over 600 hours total.

I think your stats are great. I would say if you don’t get in, revisit your personal statement and the answers to the supplementary application questions. If you were out of state, that also is a big factor. I am out of state for LSU, but I got an interview. I am also out of state for two other schools that I did not get an interview for…

Just now, ashlynprepa said:

Kind of low.
Verbal 144

Math 149

Writing 4 

That’s where I would try to improve. Most programs want a minimum of 150 in each category. Your writing score was good though! Maybe try to improve your cGPA a little too? Your stats are very good. Honestly, I think it was your GRE that may have discounted you. I’ve applied to other schools that won’t even consider an app without hitting the minimum GRE. That’s an easy fix though! Your scores are very close.

25 minutes ago, AdrianL910 said:

Just received interview details. Looks like we have to take the Casper + another online test before being selected for an interview 😬

I received the same email... so we were selected to interview now they need us to complete these tests then they will select again who they want to interview...?  

I specifically did not apply to schools that required the CASPR test... I think they should’ve told us/asked for these tests as prerequisites to applying...

If I would’ve known I needed to take the test for this program, I could’ve applied to other programs that require the same test.. 

Edited by Cab123

So I’ve never heard of the Sort Smart thing we have to do... does anybody know if this is something we are supposed to dress up for?  What kinds of questions are asked?  Will the school see our answers or just a score?  Does anybody know how long this test is, I see that it’s 15 questions but it doesn’t say how long it’ll take...

Ive also heard of the CASPR test and have a general idea of what it is.  

Any tips are appreciated... who else is moving forward in this interview process?  

Hey,

As anyone attempted the sample interview on SortSmart? I am trying to do the sample interview but keep getting an alert saying "SortSmart is asking for recording permission." I have allowed access to my webcam and microphone and have double checked my settings. I am using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 operator. Has anyone else had similar issue? How did you fix it?

I am currently in touch with the SortSmart technical support but have not yet resolved the issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cab123 said:

So I’ve never heard of the Sort Smart thing we have to do... does anybody know if this is something we are supposed to dress up for?  What kinds of questions are asked?  Will the school see our answers or just a score?  Does anybody know how long this test is, I see that it’s 15 questions but it doesn’t say how long it’ll take...

Ive also heard of the CASPR test and have a general idea of what it is.  

Any tips are appreciated... who else is moving forward in this interview process?  

I have aken the CASPR test prior to for another school. On their website, there is a practice exam. It is very straightforward, and the introduction video explains everything you need in order to complete the exam.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I just received an interview invite! I am beyond thrilled. It looks like they want us to do a smartsort virtual interview with 15 questions, the casper, and then the scheduled zoom interview. 

I submitted my CASPA app and the supplemental on September 29th, just a day or so before the deadline so I feel that there is hope for everyone! I have a feeling that they responded to my app quickly because of my supplemental essay because I live and work in Shreveport and I expressed that I want to stay here.

I have 3.65 cGPA and sGPA, 315 GRE, 1,000 volunteering at hospitals, clinics, and red cross, 24 shadowing, and 700 PCE as an ambulance EMT. 

Anyone have any advice regarding the virtual interview and SmartSort?

Goodluck everyone!

• Like 2

I just received an interview invitation! Kind of nervous since it seems like they’ll be screening us using the casper and sortsmart before real interviews are given.

good luck to everyone and if anyone knows anything about sortsmart please share, i’ve never heard of it! 

Edited by PrePAdiana
  • Like 5

On 10/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, Louisiana1234 said:

Hey,

As anyone attempted the sample interview on SortSmart? I am trying to do the sample interview but keep getting an alert saying "SortSmart is asking for recording permission." I have allowed access to my webcam and microphone and have double checked my settings. I am using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 operator. Has anyone else had similar issue? How did you fix it?

I am currently in touch with the SortSmart technical support but have not yet resolved the issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

I just took the sample test and didn't have any problems! Are you using the most updated version of Chrome? 

On 10/7/2020 at 1:23 PM, ebrile98 said:

Hey everyone! Just received my invitation to interview! But I’m a little confused about  SortSmart. Just to clarify, are we supposed to take the test a total of 3 times? Did you guys dress up in interview clothes to take it? 

I think the other times are just to ensure your computer is working properly and familiarize yourself with how it works. I don’t think it’s required you do it three times but I would run through it once before to make sure it works. And I did dress up in business professional just in case! Good luck!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LexieB said:

I was actually hoping they would just go ahead and continue the virtual interview process without waiting for the other results. 

Wonder if they are weeding people out through those results or just using them for more info to help them see the whole "big picture". 

I messaged back too soon.  I just received an email to interview on November 5th via zoom.  Good luck!