2020-2021 Application Cycle

3 hours ago, RD2PA17 said:

I did, but I haven't heard anything yet. I emailed Dr. Bigler a couple days ago to see when we may begin hearing about any decisions, but I haven't heard back yet. If I hear something, I'll definitely let everyone know.

Do you have any insight as to whether they were planning to "weed out" applicants using the CASPer and SortSmart? Wondering if maybe they mentioned it during the first round of interviews. 

I just find it strange that no one has mentioned anything about any other interview dates because I thought surely there'd be at least one more October date. And since it's getting late in the month.....

I'm probably overthinking it, but.... Aaaaahhhhh! This is just such a stressful process!

Thanks for keeping us posted! 🙂

6 hours ago, LexieB said:

Do you have any insight as to whether they were planning to "weed out" applicants using the CASPer and SortSmart? Wondering if maybe they mentioned it during the first round of interviews. 

I just find it strange that no one has mentioned anything about any other interview dates because I thought surely there'd be at least one more October date. And since it's getting late in the month.....

I'm probably overthinking it, but.... Aaaaahhhhh! This is just such a stressful process!

Thanks for keeping us posted! 🙂

Hello! After completing the CASPer and SortSmart assessments, I received an invitation to a Zoom interview for October 29th at around 3pm today. 

Edited by pnguyen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PANola said:

I interviewed on October 15th and received an acceptance email today. Good luck to everyone else! Don’t lose hope!

I’m confused. I thought everyone had to go through the 3 steps (Casper, sortsmart, zoom)  in order to get accepted? I think I might be missing something.

Congratulations none the less. That’s awesome! 

1 minute ago, PANola said:

I got the interview email on September 22nd and it said Casper, sort smart, and zoom were required to be considered for acceptance. I don’t think Casper and sort smart were needed to be considered for zoom. All three were required to my understanding. 

Yes! I think it was just the wording of the email when it said “selected applicants will be invited to participate in Zoom” that threw me off. 

• Like 1

This was the initial invitation to interview I got back in August. See attachment. It’s very generic - doesn’t specify anything about zoom or anything. I don’t think they knew what they would require at that time. But I would imagine the invitation would include all parts of the interview. Hope this helps. Good luck everyone. 

B4F748B6-B101-4A66-B909-667B0CB04FDE.png

• Like 2

Anyone else get the email today?

So apparently they were NOT going to give all of us an interview. Thoughts?

I kinda wish I'd had that information before I paid for CASPer. I mean, I'm sure I would have done it anyway. But informed decision making is very important to me. And I don't feel like I had all the information with this being the case. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, LexieB said:

I kinda wish I'd had that information before I paid for CASPer. I mean, I'm sure I would have done it anyway. But informed decision making is very important to me. And I don't feel like I had all the information with this being the case. 

I was also under the impression everyone would get the interview... I can see how that is upsetting.  I personally didn’t apply to schools who required the CASPR test so I was surprised when they ended up requiring the test... we are already what $150 in?  It honestly would have been a complete waste not to do it at that point 😕 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LexieB said:

I agree! Did you receive an email today or are you asking if anyone else had?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LexieB said:

That's the email I received today. 

Was curious if others had as well. 

I guess what I'm wondering is out of all the people "selected" to interview, how many actually got "selected" to do an actual LIVE interview. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Thank you for the information! I was selected for interview 10.15 and have not received word since. There were about 12 people in my group interview and I am unsure if there were multiple sessions that day or what. Hope that helps clear up at least that aspect! I was under the impression that once the results from casper were received, the zoom interview followed (at least that is what it seemed like!). Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AMEshell said:

Thank you for the information! I was selected for interview 10.15 and have not received word since. There were about 12 people in my group interview and I am unsure if there were multiple sessions that day or what. Hope that helps clear up at least that aspect! I was under the impression that once the results from casper were received, the zoom interview followed (at least that is what it seemed like!). Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you!

I’m in the same boat. I interviewed 10/15 but no word yet. In my group, the faculty said they were interviewing about 30 people that day. And I understand there are a few people on here that said they have an 11/5 interview. I guess we will see how many are interviewed then too. Chin up, everyone! We’re all holding our breath, but the worst case is that we can reapply next year. 

9 hours ago, AMEshell said:

Did you feel like you had time to talk in the interview with 12 people and not much time with the faculty? I am worried about having enough time to get a word in 😬

I interviewed on 10/15. Had 8 people in my group but they split It in two groups so I had four people in my group including myself so you definitely have enough time to talk even if it’s 6 people to a group. By the way I did not accept my admission so hopefully one of you get my seat 🤞

• Like 1