Inputting Supporting Information (Extracurriculars)

Hello, I am a first time applicant for the 2020-2021 cycle and had a few questions in regards to the Extracurricular section.

I am part of an organization called HHAB and every 3 months they go to Tijuana and do clinical work. I went once in June(2019) and another time in August (2019). My question is: how would I log the hours for this? As of now I just wrote them as 2 separate experiences with the same exact description. Is there a better way to do this?

Also, for trips like these, would we count hours for the entire weekend we were there, or just the time spent doing the clinical work itself? Thanks!

I actually experienced this when I applied last year. I have done the same volunteer/mission trip twice and I ended up putting 2017-2018 for the time period and the corresponding hours. However, I specified in the description that this was a summer internship and I volunteered twice. For me personally, it didn't make sense to write it twice since it was the same experience. Feel free to message me and I can show you what I mean

In the experience section, you report your hours as “hours per week” x “how many weeks” along with specific dates. If you listed June 2019-August 2019 with 1-2 weeks I’m sure they would   Be able to figure it out, but I think it would be better to list it as two different experiences.