applying for the 2020-2021 cycle

2 minutes ago, TylerV said:

So what were you in grad school for? And what is your GPA now?

I was in grad school for nuclear medicine technology. I haven't taken classes since then and im currently working on my phlebotomy certification to help with more direct patient care hours. as far as my GPA now im sure it would be the same since i haven't taken classes since then.  I'm just hopping my personal statement, other essays, and direct patient care, shadowing, etc shows past that.

3 minutes ago, breese96 said:

I was in grad school for nuclear medicine technology. I haven't taken classes since then and im currently working on my phlebotomy certification to help with more direct patient care hours. as far as my GPA now im sure it would be the same since i haven't taken classes since then.  I'm just hopping my personal statement, other essays, and direct patient care, shadowing, etc shows past that.

You should be okay if the schools do not have a GRE minimum or don't want it all all. Also, if the schools accept the explanation for the 2.45 and withdrawal.

Just now, TylerV said:

You should be okay if the schools do not have a GRE minimum or don't want it all all. Also, if the schools accept the explanation for the 2.45 and withdrawal.

Thanks and most of the schools ive applied to have no GRE requirements.  If there is any more advice or recommendations you could offer that would be greatly appreciated 

4 minutes ago, breese96 said:

Thanks and most of the schools ive applied to have no GRE requirements.  If there is any more advice or recommendations you could offer that would be greatly appreciated 

You already basicslly said it lol...more PCE, good LORs and the best PS you can come up with. Apply to different "levels" of schools for you. As in dont apply for all reach schools, spread the love lol

Edited by TylerV
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlockByJames said:

Hey guys,

My app was verified around 05/20 but i still haven’t received a secondary yet from the schools i applied to. Is that normal? maybe I’m just being neurotic but i don’t know what to do.

I'm still waiting on a supplemental or two and a couple schools have not even confirmed they received my application even though they are verified in CASPA. Each school is different,  check the school threads from last year and they can give you an idea (covid may have showed the process down as well).

This is my first cycle applying! I too am only applying to a handful of schools due to personal circumstances and preference. I think I am a strong candidate so just hoping for the best. I submitted my CASPA on 5/26 and was verified on 5/28. Super excited and nervous. Good luck to all applicants this year! What a remarkable profession!