What are my chances? What can I improve?

I applied to 10 schools for the 2019 cycle and have been denied from almost all of them. I am going to re-apply this April, but I need some insight on what I should improve. I am not sure if I should try to focus on improving certain things or everything. I appreciate any feedback and advice!

Undergrad: Biology degree

LORs: 1 professor, 1 PTA, 1 college lacrosse coach (hindsight not my best idea) 

GRE: Verbal 150, Quant. 150, Writing 3 (ill prepared)

cGPA: 3.47

sGPA: 3.15

PCE: fulltime PT aide, over 2,000 hours

Shadowing: about 50 hours, with one urgent care PA

Volunteer: about 90 hours, in the emergency department during my undergrad 

Two more lors, one from a Harder science professor , one from a clinical work supervisor.

Call ets gre to see if you can just retake the English portion so you can improve writing score and not have to retake the entire exam. 

I have some gre stuff I could share with you. message me your gmail account. you can call me and i can help you i have time before my program starts

On 1/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, rslater00 said:

I applied to 10 schools for the 2019 cycle and have been denied from almost all of them. I am going to re-apply this April, but I need some insight on what I should improve. I am not sure if I should try to focus on improving certain things or everything. I appreciate any feedback and advice!

Undergrad: Biology degree

LORs: 1 professor, 1 PTA, 1 college lacrosse coach (hindsight not my best idea) 

GRE: Verbal 150, Quant. 150, Writing 3 (ill prepared)

cGPA: 3.47

sGPA: 3.15

PCE: fulltime PT aide, over 2,000 hours

Shadowing: about 50 hours, with one urgent care PA

Volunteer: about 90 hours, in the emergency department during my undergrad 

Hey, I'd say try stronger LORs. Another PT aide and a sports coach probably aren't the strongest options. 

I'd also say try to get more shadowing hours with different PAs. Not just one. 

Also, try volunteering more. 90 hrs isn't very competitive from what I've seen. 

• Like 1