3rd time applying. suggestions?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. The fact that you were wait-listed shows that you don't have dealbreakers that would keep you out of PA school, just that you happened to be applying at a time when admissions is extremely competitive.

Friends of mine who are PAs or students have mentioned that schools are looking more and more at GRE scores. They don't necessarily care so much about your quantitative or verbal skills, but they need to have an indication that you test well on standardized exams, as their PANCE pass rates are very important to them. If your GRE wasn't 1100+, I would recommend taking it again.

Absolutely. The fact that you were wait-listed shows that you don't have dealbreakers that would keep you out of PA school, just that you happened to be applying at a time when admissions is extremely competitive.

Friends of mine who are PAs or students have mentioned that schools are looking more and more at GRE scores. They don't necessarily care so much about your quantitative or verbal skills, but they need to have an indication that you test well on standardized exams, as their PANCE pass rates are very important to them. If your GRE wasn't 1100+, I would recommend taking it again.

CASPA calculated my GPA for this cycle, and its looking better. 3.47 overall and 3.41 for my sciences. Versus my 3.39 overall and 3.27 science gap last cycle. Im still going to retake both semesters of A&P though to bring it up even more.

Only retake it if you made less than a B. Otherwise your time would be much better spent taking additional upper level sciences or getting more HCE.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CASPA calculated my GPA for this cycle, and its looking better. 3.47 overall and 3.41 for my sciences. Versus my 3.39 overall and 3.27 science gap last cycle. Im still going to retake both semesters of A&P though to bring it up even more.

Only retake it if you made less than a B. Otherwise your time would be much better spent taking additional upper level sciences or getting more HCE.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived