3rd time applying. suggestions?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tuckeral- if your income is low enough, you can get the CASPA fee for your first application waived. You would still have to pay for additional applications, but it would save you the 1st $130 (I think that's what it was last year). You are from NC, right? I know you can also request a fee waiver when applying to Elon- they won't be on CASPA until September, so maybe that would work if you are interested in applying there. Their fee is $50 if you don't get a waiver (plus sending transcripts).

tuckeral- if your income is low enough, you can get the CASPA fee for your first application waived. You would still have to pay for additional applications, but it would save you the 1st $130 (I think that's what it was last year). You are from NC, right? I know you can also request a fee waiver when applying to Elon- they won't be on CASPA until September, so maybe that would work if you are interested in applying there. Their fee is $50 if you don't get a waiver (plus sending transcripts).

Join the AAPA and mention this in your interview. I also think that doing volunteer work, especially something medical, is a helpful thing to do. Many schools put a value on community service. I watched the "Dave the PA" videos and that helped me a lot with the interviewing. Do your best to make an emotional connection with your interviewers, as this is what will get you in. Attend open houses and see if you can get a meeting with program directors. A woman I met who interviewed at 9 schools was able to schedule meetings with a few different program directors to get information about their programs. Not all directors will do this, but a surprising number will. Use your CASPA essay and the supplemental essays at the different schools to talk about how you've improved yourself during these 3 application cycles. And good luck!

Join the AAPA and mention this in your interview. I also think that doing volunteer work, especially something medical, is a helpful thing to do. Many schools put a value on community service. I watched the "Dave the PA" videos and that helped me a lot with the interviewing. Do your best to make an emotional connection with your interviewers, as this is what will get you in. Attend open houses and see if you can get a meeting with program directors. A woman I met who interviewed at 9 schools was able to schedule meetings with a few different program directors to get information about their programs. Not all directors will do this, but a surprising number will. Use your CASPA essay and the supplemental essays at the different schools to talk about how you've improved yourself during these 3 application cycles. And good luck!

Archived