Athletic Training Grad Student applying for PA school

Hey all,

I am currently a 1st year graduate student for athletic training. I am looking into become a PA. Looking to withdraw from my program to pursue PA prerequisites but not sure if this was a good idea. Or if I should complete my program then complete prerequisites. Thanks!

Edited by Pwulf28

On 11/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, Pwulf28 said:

Hey all,

I am currently a 1st year graduate student for athletic training. I am looking into become a PA. Looking to withdraw from my program to pursue PA prerequisites but not sure if this was a good idea. Or if I should complete my program then complete prerequisites. Thanks!

This was literally me to a tee. Realized I wanted to go PA halfway through school. I stuck it out and not only got a job I enjoy while doing prerequisites and applying, but also showed I could excel in a masters level curriculum. I was very close to doing what you’re about to do, but I’m happy I stuck it out. Also gave me great ortho experience for my future in PA school. If you can get a job making as much as the above poster then that’s pretty good though. I haven’t heard of salaries that high for ATs. 

• Like 1