Had a bad test

So, I am in my 4th semester right now...7 weeks away from clinicals and it couldn't come any faster. I started off the semester with a bomb on my EENT exam and did poorly on my first surgery quiz. It has completely devastated me and has really mentally affected me. I know its no biggy and it will all work out, but I think all of this stuff has really taken a toll on me this time. I am not looking for sympathy but maybe some positive thoughts? I don't know, I am not one to use forums, I always just read them but here I am.. Thanks for giving this a read guys. Take care.

AJ

There is a Chinese symbol which is 'wei ji' ... many translate it as 'crisis brings opportunity'. Use this low to gain impetus towards your upcoming peak. Surgical Recall in your pocket everywhere you go ... bus, library, coffee house, etc. You can and will do fine. Recognize why you did poorly (trust me, if you're going to become a PA, you'll need this skill towards patients so you might as well start with self), and up it. UP IT. Good luck

Hang in there!

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. (PA school)

I think its easy to get down with all the testing and stress that PA school can bring.

Taking quiz/tests is only a small part of the big picture, being a great clinician is what its all about.

Clinicals are a nice break from 1st yr! Continue to read & study & ask q's.

In the real world you wont know it all. u'll have resources & a sp to ask if your not sure about a dx/tx/plan.

Keep your head up! Relax. You can do it! Try & let it go.

Best of Luck!

Hang in there remember we are PA-Cs not PA-As LOL ok bad joke. I think I had a hard time with my HEENT exam in PA school. It was hard to swallow at the time because I was used to getting As on exams before then. I think that is the big shock for most PA-Ss is that you were all the big fish in your pre-pa lives and now are in a larger pond. Hang in there. You just gotta pass. Don't let one bad test drag you down, you don't have time to lick your wounds in PA school anyway. It's suck it up and push on. Kill the next test!

Best Wishes..

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

No worries my friend, you will have plenty of opportunities to prove yourself. This is simply a minor setback, if that. It's more a way of learning how to deal with pressure situations. In the end, you will be able to handle these situations with ease. Just part of the process. Best of luck to you alexander.jones!

Archived