recent caspa turn-around time

Im just wondering what the recent turnaround time for verification of gpa is? I see they say 5 weeks. people have said that it took 1-2 weeks and then was sent out the closest friday. Just wondering what the current time frame looks like. My app was done with all transcripts in on the 9th of september. One school took a month to get my transcript in while all the others took like 5 days.

Calculating GPAs--CASPA is currently working on applications completed 8/27

Most people had theirs caluclated faster because they applied earlier--less people apply earlier so CASPA tends to calculate faster. One deadline for many programs was 9/1 so I would guess they got a swarm of applications in that week....next major deadline is 10/1

I called about apps being sent out.....they go out on Fridays. I asked about a cutoff date to make a Friday mailing (Im adding programs left and right) and it was suggested to try to have them paid for by noon Wed so they make the printing list. I was told it is possible that ones completed Wed evening may get printed Thursday but to be on the safe side---Wed noon.

So if your GPA isnt calculated by Wed noon it seems that your materials will be mailed out that following Friday.

In addition to the 9/1 deadline to some programs... CASPA increased their prices on 9/1 as well. So I'm sure there were a bunch of submissions 8/31 just to avoid paying another $30 to CASPA. (I was one of those people)

I submitted on 8/31 and am yet to hear back from them regarding GPA or mailing dates. With 10/1 right around the corner, now 2 weeks away, I certainly hope mine go out next Friday, since I assume this Friday is out of the question. I'm also a first time applicant.

I submitted on 8/31 and am yet to hear back from them regarding GPA or mailing dates. With 10/1 right around the corner, now 2 weeks away, I certainly hope mine go out next Friday, since I assume this Friday is out of the question. I'm also a first time applicant.

Most schools require that materials be SUBMITTED to CASPA before their application deadline. When the school receives your application does not matter (other than the earlier the better, especially if there are rolling admissions) if everything was submitted to CASPA before deadline. So you are fine with 10/1 deadlines. There may be exceptions, but that is generally the scoop.

Good luck!!!

In addition to the 9/1 deadline to some programs... CASPA increased their prices on 9/1 as well. So I'm sure there were a bunch of submissions 8/31 just to avoid paying another $30 to CASPA. (I was one of those people)

You can always call to find out what day they are on as far as GPA calculations but there is a poster that said they submitted 8/30 and it was calculated today...if they are quick yours may be calculated by 2morrow or Monday....regardless it seems your apps should go out by next Friday as long as everything else (LORs) are in.....good luck :-)

PS How can they justify raising costs in the middle of the application season...that makes no sense to me

...if they are quick yours may be calculated by 2morrow or Monday....regardless it seems your apps should go out by next Friday as long as everything else (LORs) are in.....good luck :-)

PS How can they justify raising costs in the middle of the application season...that makes no sense to me

Thanks, I hope they do go out next week.

I don't know how they can justify that price hike. I just noticed it a few weeks back and decided since my LORs and transcripts were already in, I just need to solidify my PS. So I worked on the PS for a couple weeks and submitted it before they hiked the price up. When all is said and done $30 is a drop in the pond, but when I'm still in undergrad, eating ramen noodles it makes a big diff.

:D

Thanks, I hope they do go out next week.

I don't know how they can justify that price hike. I just noticed it a few weeks back and decided since my LORs and transcripts were already in, I just need to solidify my PS. So I worked on the PS for a couple weeks and submitted it before they hiked the price up. When all is said and done $30 is a drop in the pond, but when I'm still in undergrad, eating ramen noodles it makes a big diff.

:D

trust me ....I know. Im a signle mom so if I dont get in the cycle Im going to really wish I had the 610.00 Ive spent so far and Im not counting my supplemental apps:sweat:

Ya me too. I e-submitted months ago but was waiting on one transcript to get in that didn't arrive until three weeks after all my others. Most of my schools don't have deadlines for a few months and the ones due in oct only need it to be completed by then not mailed. Id still like it to be sent though. I called a week ago and they told me they were working on apps from the 30th so apparently they haven't made much progress.

Hello

My application was submitted and final on 8/27. It was verified last thursday. I thought it would be mailed on Friday. However, they said they mailed last week on Thursday morning. So application is ready just not mailed. I do not think it is Friday every week. They said some time this week the application would be mailed. It is a test of our patience.

They are mailed every Friday, but they are printed on Wednesday. So if you're not done by Wed, you're not going out that week.

As for the turn-around times slowing down, I'm not surprised. How long it takes them to get through a day depends on how many people turned theirs in on that day, and for the Sept 1st deadline, that's likely to be several thousand PER DAY.

How long it takes them to get through a day depends on how many people turned theirs in on that day, and for the Sept 1st deadline, that's likely to be several thousand PER DAY.

The lady on the phone said it was several hundred per day for the last few days of August. So not quite as high as you're thinking, but seriously high compared to the several dozen she said they were getting per day before the build up to that deadline.

• 4 weeks later...
I e-submitted on october 4th, any chance that my applications will make the november 1st deadline? I havent even seen my gpa calculated yet.

If you're lucky and you've brushed your teeth and said your prayers.. You might make the Oct 29th mailing. But I doubt it.

I submitted 8.31 and mine didn't get mailed til 10.1

Archived