2019-2020 Cycle

23 hours ago, belayneh30 said:

I received an email todayΒ "All of your application materialsΒ have been reviewedΒ and the Admissions Committee has decided to place your application on HOLDΒ at this time" I dont think this is a good sign, anybody received a Hold before interview decision?Β 

Wondering the same thing! I was placed on hold in August.

12 hours ago, emh2012 said:
On 10/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, belayneh30 said:

I received an email todayΒ "All of your application materialsΒ have been reviewedΒ and the Admissions Committee has decided to place your application on HOLDΒ at this time" I dont think this is a good sign, anybody received a Hold before interview decision?Β 

Wondering the same thing! I was placed on hold in August.

I'm not sure what this means. I saw one or two others post they received a hold earlier on this forum as well. I know a couple students currently in the program at AB and I'll ask them if they know what this means and let y'all know!

28 minutes ago, prepastudentkb said:

I'm not sure what this means. I saw one or two others post they received a hold earlier on this forum as well. I know a couple students currently in the program at AB and I'll ask them if they know what this means and let y'all know!

Thank you so so much! I know that the email also said it just means that they can pull us for an interview at some point during the cycle at the committee’s discretion. But I guess I’m wondering what the chances are πŸ˜…

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, emh2012 said:

Thank you so so much! I know that the email also said it just means that they can pull us for an interview at some point during the cycle at the committee’s discretion. But I guess I’m wondering what the chances are πŸ˜…

I would say that all depends on the makeup of the applicant pool that are also on hold as well as those who deny any interviews/acceptances. I would say there is some movement every year. I'm just not sure how much. I'll try to find out for y'all!

22 hours ago, pgh2294 said:

Received an email for an interview offer for 11/7. Would anyone who has interviewed already like to offer any details about format??

Absolutely! I interviewed on 9/10 and was accepted and I will be attending there come May! If you look back on this forum, there's a post from two current students of the program regarding the interview format and they were right on point with how mine was.

They'll have everyone interviewing that day come to the school around 9:30 (or whatever your email says) and the dean will give you an overview of the program and a tour of the PA buildingΒ and answer any questions you have as well as tell you how the interview is going to go.

Then they'll bring in some current first year students to answer your questions and the dean will leave the room. They will start coming in to pull you one-by-one for your interview according to the time your email said your actual interview will occur. Ask the students anything you want because anything goes! They're very helpful and will answer any question you may have. After your interview, you can come back to the room and talk to the other applicants and current students some more if you like or you can leave if needed. You have no further obligations after your interview is completed.

If you've never been to AB, I encourage you to take 5-10 minutes to walk around the campus so you can get a feel forΒ the atmosphere. It's somewhat quaint and small. I live about 30 minutes from the campus and I take prereqs there now. I really like the small campus and the atmosphere. Everyone is seriously so nice and everyone seems to know everyone.

As for the actual interview format, you will be interviewed alone by 2 faculty members. Mine was a PA and an admin assistant (not a PA). It's very traditional and will only last 10-20 minutes. They'll ask you the basic questions like "why do you want to be a PA?" and "What area of medicine are you interested working in as a PA?"Β and some just personal get to know you questions. I've heard some people say they will ask you "If you could be anything besides a PA, what would you be?" I did not personally get asked that question though. Overall, it's very lax and probably the easiest and most laid back interview you will have. Don't be nervous! They're all very nice and just want to get to know you! You'll realize that as soon as you step in the door!

If you have any other questions, please let me know! Good luck!

• Upvote 2

To anyone interviewing at AB in the future, I live about 30 minutes from the campus and I've been taking my post-bacc prereqs there for the last year and a half. I would be happy to meet with you a day or two before yourΒ interview and let you know about the interview format as well as the campus and atmosphere. I was born and raised in WV so I can tell you all about the state and what kind of things you can do here considering it's quite an outdoorsy state. I'll be happy to answer any of your questions, just let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 12:18 PM, pgh2294 said:

Received an email for an interview offer for 11/7. Would anyone who has interviewed already like to offer any details about format??

Like other people have said, it's super chill. AB was my first interview and I was way more nervous than I needed to be! The interview was more of a conversation. They just want to get to know you as a person! I was only interviewed by one person (I was literally the last person in the room) and she was also on the administrative side (not a PA). She justΒ asked me the general questions that most programs ask, so there were no surprises! Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...