2019-2020 Cycle

3 hours ago, benners2 said:

I sent mine 07/3 and it was verified the Monday after that. I have not received a confirmation at all. I emailed the admissions person (which I did not want to do cause I seem annoying now). But I just want to ensure they got it so I can be considered for admission.Β 

I was considering emailing them as well to make sure they got it but also didn't want to seem annoying. But the fact that's its been a couple weeks and we haven't heard anything then it should be fine to email them and ask as long as we aren't doing it a lot. What did they say to you?

7 hours ago, youngbreezy said:

Does anyone have insight into what living in Philippi is like? How easy is it to find a one bedroom apartment?

Hello,

My name is Julia, and I'm a 2nd year student at ABU. I'm not gonna lie, housing near here was a little difficult to find. Once you are accepted however, the school will send out a list of landlords in the area for you to contact. Typically, my class all had classmate roommates and we lived in townhouses, apartments, or rented houses. Nearby places that people lived outside of Philippi are Bridgeport or Clarksburg.Β 

Edited by Dancejt12
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ykwon0117 said:

I have submitted CASPA and GRE on July 31st, and was verified on August 3rd. I have yet to receive a confirmation or hold email.

My CASPA was verified 7/8/19. I never received a confirmation email or anything stating they had received my application. I received my interview invite email on August 1st. I would recommend reaching out to them via email and give them any application updates you may have, such as more PCE, HCE, or volunteer hours, if any. Otherwise, I would wait a little longer before reaching out to them. I know that they do rolling admissions but I also know a girl that didn't apply until December last cycle and interviewed in March and was accepted. So don't give up all hope yet!

9 hours ago, JL311 said:

Hey everyone ✌🏻 I’m a first year PA student at ABU and I’d be happy to answer questions you may have. Let me know!

Thank you so much! I'm takingΒ my post-bacc prereqs at AB right now! I started back last Fall. I have an interview on 9/10 and I have met and spoke with Dean Thomas Moore in the past.

How do you like the program? And what advice can you give for interviews?!

On 8/28/2019 at 9:08 AM, prepastudentkb said:

Thank you so much! I'm takingΒ my post-bacc prereqs at AB right now! I started back last Fall. I have an interview on 9/10 and I have met and spoke with Dean Thomas Moore in the past.

How do you like the program? And what advice can you give for interviews?!

Sorry for the late response! I have notifications on now so I should be of more help moving forward haha.Β So far, I’ve really liked my experience at AB. First semester was a little bit crazy at times because the classes are all focused on foundational skills and knowledge, which will be built upon for the rest of PA school. So it was difficult for sure, but it is completely manageable and the courses overlap to an extent which definitely helps balancing all the exams. We are in our second semester now and we will be starting didactic rotations which is a unique opportunityΒ that not a lot of universities offer. We get toΒ see patients at hospitals, and work with practicing PAs and physiciansΒ in second semester...Β I think we will be much more prepared as students entering clinical rotations in second year because of it.

As for the interview, be prepared to expand on your experiences you’ve had throughout undergrad or just anything you mentioned in your application and personal statement. They’ve obviously read your statement, but they want to hear what YOU personally feel is an important or uniqueΒ experience that sets you apart or that has made you want to become a PA.Β They may askΒ questionsο»Ώ about your undergrad experience, which classes were theΒ most difficult and why? What field of medicine you’re interested in. Why specifically you’re interested in/ what you know about ABU. Be prepared for possibly even unrelated questions to mediciο»Ώne or the profession... I think these types of questions are there to asses your critical thinking, personality, and speaking/ personal skills. Most importantly, just let your personality show.. they aren’t looking for robots who fit a certain mold... they want people who will come to AB, be an adaptive learner but also utilize their personality and skills to become a better studenο»Ώtο»Ώ and eventually PA. So thats probably the best interview advice I could give!

Β 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JL311 said:

Sorry for the late response! I have notifications on now so I should be of more help moving forward haha.Β So far, I’ve really liked my experience at AB. First semester was a little bit crazy at times because the classes are all focused on foundational skills and knowledge, which will be built upon for the rest of PA school. So it was difficult for sure, but it is completely manageable and the courses overlap to an extent which definitely helps balancing all the exams. We are in our second semester now and we will be starting didactic rotations which is a unique opportunityΒ that not a lot of universities offer. We get toΒ see patients at hospitals, and work with practicing PAs and physiciansΒ in second semester...Β I think we will be much more prepared as students entering clinical rotations in second year because of it.

As for the interview, be prepared to expand on your experiences you’ve had throughout undergrad or just anything you mentioned in your application and personal statement. They’ve obviously read your statement, but they want to hear what YOU personally feel is an important or uniqueΒ experience that sets you apart or that has made you want to become a PA.Β They may askΒ questionsο»Ώ about your undergrad experience, which classes were theΒ most difficult and why? What field of medicine you’re interested in. Why specifically you’re interested in/ what you know about ABU. Be prepared for possibly even unrelated questions to mediciο»Ώne or the profession... I think these types of questions are there to asses your critical thinking, personality, and speaking/ personal skills. Most importantly, just let your personality show.. they aren’t looking for robots who fit a certain mold... they want people who will come to AB, be an adaptive learner but also utilize their personality and skills to become a better studenο»Ώtο»Ώ and eventually PA. So thats probably the best interview advice I could give!

Β 

This is great advice! Thank you so much! I’m hoping all goes great at my interview! I truly want to attend AB’s program!

• Like 1